Master Of Mankind is out (spoilers) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-17, 12:40 AM

SPOILERS

What are your thoughts on how the Emperor dealt with the demon of the first murder? Obviously fast forward to 40k and Ra must have failed, for Abaddon wields Drach'nyen ... The story of how Abaddon receives the sword that was "in stasis for millennia" is interesting, it doesn't mention a Custodian at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-17, 08:36 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge922 View Post
SPOILERS

What are your thoughts on how the Emperor dealt with the demon of the first murder? Obviously fast forward to 40k and Ra must have failed, for Abaddon wields Drach'nyen ... The story of how Abaddon receives the sword that was "in stasis for millennia" is interesting, it doesn't mention a Custodian at all.
Chaos lies. Don't trust them when they say that the sword was in stasis.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-17, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Definitely ADBs best novel so far. Theres some mindblowing stuff to come..
Really? his other stuff must be truly awful then. This was a seriously long winded dreary story that just made me despise the emperor even more.
The concept for the story was excellent. Just felt it was poorly delivered. Not the worst HH book, but very tough to get through at times. Great if you cant sleep. 10 seconds tops and your out like a light.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 08:57 PM

At the end of the book the Emperor ascends to the golden throne again. Why? As the imperial forces are retreating they describe the mechanicum built tunnels exploding and collapsing. The book made it seemed like these were artificial tunnels forcing an connection to the real webway. So if they collapsed how does the connection still exist? Also, when the Emperor seals the gate he turns off the machinery powering it and they end up looking at a blank wall. Reminds me of SG1 when they close the stargate. So if the tunnels collapsed and the gate is closed what is he doing on the throne at this point? I always though he was holding the gate closed. However, the way it's described it doesn't seem like he would need to do that. Maybe I'm understanding it wrong. Thoughts?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 09:49 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
At the end of the book the Emperor ascends to the golden throne again. Why? As the imperial forces are retreating they describe the mechanicum built tunnels exploding and collapsing. The book made it seemed like these were artificial tunnels forcing an connection to the real webway. So if they collapsed how does the connection still exist? Also, when the Emperor seals the gate he turns off the machinery powering it and they end up looking at a blank wall. Reminds me of SG1 when they close the stargate. So if the tunnels collapsed and the gate is closed what is he doing on the throne at this point? I always though he was holding the gate closed. However, the way it's described it doesn't seem like he would need to do that. Maybe I'm understanding it wrong. Thoughts?
My speculation is that theres just raw immaterium on the other side of the closed imperial webway gate. And even if shut down, it represents a place where the barrier between worlds is -quite- thin, and thusly a weakness should the Emperor cease pressing on it from the other side. What which once has been opened, can be opened again. But yeah, the golden throne was a webway borer, drilling into the deep warp to connect to the ancient webway. Magnus' folly made the human built sections unstable and constantly required the Emperor's will butressing them to avoid a total collapse.

One oddity however. During Rise of the Primarch, it had been hinted that they originally had planned on exiting by the warpgate in the Emperor's throne room, but after Magnus was chasing them, they detoured to Luna as they could not risk the Emperor's safety. Even Magnus complained to Guiliman that he would not reach the golden throne for now, but wanted to make sure that neither guiliman did.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
My speculation is that theres just raw immaterium on the other side of the closed imperial webway gate. And even if shut down, it represents a place where the barrier between worlds is -quite- thin, and thusly a weakness should the Emperor cease pressing on it from the other side.
I can see that. I would think they could have used Geller field tech to seal it. Maybe just long enogh for him to I don't know get a sandwich, go to the bathroom, kill Horus. Maybe there are caveats to the tech that prevent it? I don't know much about Geller field fluff so.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 10:32 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I can see that. I would think they could have used Geller field tech to seal it. Maybe just long enogh for him to I don't know get a sandwich, go to the bathroom, kill Horus. Maybe there are caveats to the tech that prevent it? I don't know much about Geller field fluff so.
While it was said the Chaos gods breached the Emperor's genelab to snatch away the infant primarchs, in the First Heretic we see word bearers getting sent into the past to cut the powerfeed to the geller generators to allow the chaos gods to act. But it remains to be seen if it was actually truth or just a lie planted by chaos. But i suspect it will be retconned to the Sigilite needed to take the Emperor's place on the golden throne to direct the astromonican while he faced Horus as he could not spare any power for it at all. The power need was handled by the unspoken sanction draining mortal psykers to feed it.

The Second Battle of Terra happened shortly after Guiliman's arrival when the Astronomican went out. I feel theres a strong connection between that, and the Emperor actually being awake on the Golden Throne and communing with his son, as he could devote more of his power to it while the beacon is offline. The astronomican didnt come online again until after a high level delegation from mars had arrived to tireless work in the bowels of the golden throne and succeeded after many weeks. When the Astronomican went offline, Khorne immediately lashed Terra with 88 daemonic legions, that wasnt banished until the beacon was restored.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode