Another new Horus heresy release comming? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Hrm. I see Meduson is available in ebook format as well:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-prod...son-ebook.html

But 25 euro for 368 pages, vs. the 432 in Path of Heaven at 13.50 euro is a ripoff and ill pass on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 04:53 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

45€ for a hardback and two audio dramas? That‘s... Actually quite good, provided you have not already bought the two audios. A regular HH hardback is 25€, and the audios are available for 13.49€ (/20€ for CD) each? I find it hard to be mad about this one.

I went to the website to order another over priced novella, but left being quite happy with what I had ordered.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Well im mainly concerned about the ebook version, which's price im displeased with.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 06:26 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I don't want the audios though. I just want the book. Why is there no separate option? All that now happens is more eBay sellers like that douche Jizzlefinger, are going to buy them and sell them off for twice the price. Eugh.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I don't want the audios though. I just want the book. Why is there no separate option? All that now happens is more eBay sellers like that douche Jizzlefinger, are going to buy them and sell them off for twice the price. Eugh.
I'm the same, but I wouldn't worry I'm pretty sure it will be included in one of the main novels or anthologies at some point. I gave up on Horus Heresy limited eds when I found myself re buying them a year later in an anthology.

And that jizzlefinger guy should be publicly flogged.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-16, 03:53 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I clicked on Meduson fully expecting to say my usual response when another BL "limited edition" is released and I see what it contains. What is that response you ask? It's just two words. "Fuck off." But to my pleasant surprise I didn't say that when I read what Meduson contains. For starters it's 368 pages which is a bit less than the standard HH novel yes, but it 350+ pages beats the 120-170 pages of the novella range and the so-called "novels" like Tallarn: Ironclad. Then it contains two audio dramas included, at first I thought "They must be tack-ons, short audios like the Christmas advent stuff." No! They are full audio dramas, one of which is already available at £15, and one which isn't out yet and will no doubt be £15 on its own when it is.

This is actually a very good deal and one I consider worth the price. Which is why I bought it, and like you Doelago I am quite happy with what i've purchased. One HH novel that will no doubt be £20 when it's released normally, or perhaps £18 if the fans are lucky, and two audios that would be/are £15 on their own. So essentially i've bought a novel that contains a new story that wasn't included in the initial release and an audio drama, and gotten another audio-drama months ahead of general release for free!

Hell even if Meduson is £15, a bargain for a hardback HH novel that actually deserves the appellation novel, its still cheaper buying this version than it would be getting Meduson, Grey Talon and The Either separately in their normal versions by £10. So this was a definite buy for me.

Well done BL, these are the sorts of deals that you should be offering more often. In fact I encourage as much of the HH readerbase as I can to buy this version of Meduson so that we can show BL what kind of Limited editions we really want.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode