Carcharodons: The Red Tithe - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Carcharodons: The Red Tithe

BL are really outdoing themselves today. Bile and Crowe both getting their own trilogy, a new Kharn novel being released piece by piece, a sequel to Baneblade, a brand new Horus Heresy series, and now above all that: A trilogy about a Space Marine Chapter THAT ISN'T FIRST FOUNDING!!!! That alone would make it a Must Buy from me, but the freaking Space Sharks?! Oh i'll be buying this on Day One. I haven't read anything by Robbie MacNiven yet, but I already like him immensely for talking BL into supporting this and for having the guts to write about some Astartes that have never been a bloody Legion.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 07:04 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Actually, the Sharkies have heavilly been implied to be cast out members of the Ravenguard legion, Pre-heresy. Corax was -seriously- displeased with what he saw when he was reunited with his legion. The terran born ravenguard being slavetakers. Which did not sit well with a freedom fighter like himself.

And a charardon was once examined and found to have degraded ravenguard markers in his geneseed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 07:16 PM
Rattlehead

Yeah, but the Predation Fleets are cool enough and non-main-Legion-forces enough to be awesome either way.

Plus god damn, Carcharadons are badasses.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Actually, the Sharkies have heavilly been implied to be cast out members of the Raven Guard legion, pre-heresy. Corax was -seriously- displeased with what he saw when he was reunited with his legion. The terran born Raven Guard being slavetakers. Which did not sit well with a freedom fighter like himself.

And a Carcharodon was once examined and found to have degraded Raven Guard markers in his geneseed.
Ok I knew that last part, but where the hell did the first part come from?? I've never read that before.

Either way though, they are distinct enough culturally and aesthetically that they can't really be seen as a Legion, if what you put there is actually true in-universe.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 07:27 PM

Hachiko's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
I haven't read anything by Robbie MacNiven yet, but I already like him immensely for talking BL into supporting this and for having the guts to write about some Astartes that have never been a bloody Legion.

LotN
Just from two shorts I've read by him, MacNiven is solid. Check out A Song for the Lost.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 07:28 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Scroll down to Shade Lord Arkhas Fal
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Carcharodons

I remember Arkhas fal being discussed with the forge world horus heresy book involving the ravenguard legion.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 03-07-16 at 07:32 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode