Horus Heresy book teaser for the next 4 months - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-16, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

never imagined the lion was such a blonde.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 06:14 AM

Only care about Path of Heaven

two are rehash anthologies, one is by Thorpe
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 09:49 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Plot details for all the books bar Eye of Terra have been released;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book 36: Path of Heaven
For too long had the Vth Legion ranged out beyond the sight of the wider Imperium, remaining ignorant of the Warmasterís rebellion and the war that inevitably followed. Only once their primarch, Jaghatai Khan, had satisfied himself that the path before them was just and true did the White Scars choose a side, taking the fight to the traitors on every front. But, four years later, the Legionís unfettered spirit has been broken by relentless attritional warfare against the Death Guard and the Emperorís Children Ė the Khanís Stormseers must find a clear route to Terra if they are to take part in the final, apocalyptic battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book 37: The Silent War
While loyalist and traitor forces clash on a thousand battlefields across the galaxy, a very different kind of war is being fought in the shadows. Rogal Dorn and his Legion prepare to defend the Solar System against the armies of Warmaster Horus, even as Malcador the Sigillite charges his many agents and spies with missions of the utmost secrecy. The future of the Imperium is being shaped by unseen hands... This Horus Heresy anthology contains fourteen stories by some of Black Library's top authors, including James Swallow, Chris Wraight, Anthony Reynolds and many more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book 38: Angels of Caliban
Two infamous Space Marine Primarch rivals clash for the final time.

With the Dark Angels spread across a hundred systems, primarch Lion ElíJonson stands as Lord Protector of Ultramar Ė though his true motives are known to few indeed, and old rivalries on the home world threaten to tear the Legion in half. But when word comes of the Night Lordsí attack on Sotha, the Lionís brutal actions bring Imperium Secundus once again to the brink of civil war. Not even the most fearsome warriors of the Dreadwing, nor any arcane secret of the Order, can guarantee victory if he sets himself against his loyal brothers.
Can't 100% confirm but sources say that after Angels of Caliban the next novel, number 39 in the series, will be Praetorian of Dorn by John French, due for a 2016 hardback release and a January 2017 paperback release, and is about the Imperial Fists fighting the Alpha Legion in the Ghost War for the Sol System.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 03-07-16 at 09:52 PM.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-16, 06:02 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post

Really hating Night Haunter in this - just looks way off with the colours - kinda 'plasticy' looking. I strongly feel with with regret that Neil Roberts' more recent work has been of a lower standard if I'm honest - this may be because he's just 'got lazy' or is being stacked with more commissions than he can handle in order to produce his better work. This and some of the newer covers by him have been disappointingly poor in comparison to much of his work in the past I'm sad to say. He's one of my favourite and most admired front cover artists ever, so seeing his work lose a certain emotional quality to them is saddening. His pieces also lack a certain sense of gripping intensity, scale and movement - they look sort of 'wooden' and (in comparison) forgettable.

We have a proper fronct-cover with the sub-title for the novel Angels of Caliban.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-16, 06:49 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
Really hating Night Haunter in this - just looks way off with the colours - kinda 'plasticy' looking. I strongly feel with with regret that Neil Roberts' more recent work has been of a lower standard if I'm honest - this may be because he's just 'got lazy' or is being stacked with more commissions than he can handle in order to produce his better work. This and some of the newer covers by him have been disappointingly poor in comparison to much of his work in the past I'm sad to say. He's one of my favourite and most admired front cover artists ever, so seeing his work lose a certain emotional quality to them is saddening. His pieces also lack a certain sense of gripping intensity, scale and movement - they look sort of 'wooden' and (in comparison) forgettable.
Couldn't agree more. I know he can deliver fantasctic cover-art that truly depicts that something is alive and real. This looks way too cartoonish, something that is a recurring problem with their frontcovers.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 11:08 AM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

https://www.facebook.com/johnshfrenc...type=3&theater

^From John French's facebook

Praetorian of Dorn confirmed as HH book #39. It's complete as well so wow, we are getting a lot of HH books this year.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Certainly something to make up for the last dry year. They have definitely gotten the scheduling issues ironed out.

Ive heard some blabber saying that Eye of Terra goes on sale this saturday.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-16, 09:02 AM

So Lion vs. Curze Round 4...
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-16, 09:15 AM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

I'm trying to work out who the Lion reminds me of.

Andrew W K?

Chris Hemsworth?
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-16, 09:05 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I'm saying Hemsworth would make a damn good Russ, but he might be too damn pretty a dude for either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode