Horus Heresy Discussion - WARNING: Spoilers - Update 29/9/07 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-13-07, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Look what I found!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...owtopic=115554

More than enough to make me drool and yea sure Abnett didn't write the Night Haunter short but i've been impressed with McNeil's work in Fulgrim, defintly made up for his first HH book which kinda blowed. I still want Abnett to write The Dark (yes I know it an't important to the overall story but I can dream) and the battle between Horus and the Emporer though.

Plus the bit about GG is interesting. I really don't mind Abnett dragging the seris on as each book is just so dam riveting!.

Now to find that thread about Legion. Come here little thready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-14-07, 08:34 PM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Nice find man.

post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-17-07, 03:55 AM

Alexander_67's Flag is: Great Britain

I'm enjoying this series no end. It has been said i agree that some of them drag ala false gods but its to be expected. The fighting and war narration makes up for that ten fold in my opinion.

The best i think so far is a toss up between Dan abnetts Horus rising or The first half of Fulgrim. I say the first half of fulgrim because i havent the heart to read the second half and read about the downfall of the Emperors children as i think they are awesome.

I was a bit miffed about never finding out why Mortarion turned to chaos, his motives were never revealed in Flight of the eisenstein. I think it doesnt really need to be said why Angron goes to chaos, i mean he was pratically there already but it would have been nice to hear Mortarions view. It also strikes me that the book Fulgrim is the first to really get personal with the primarchs. You get to hear Fulgrims/Ferrus Manus thoughts and feelings first hand not just regurgetated by some 3rd party. I that thought was odd. The Primarchs before hand had been sort of above it all and while constantly narrated about and talked to, you never really got to know what went on it their minds. I dont know if seeing that in Fulgrim was a good thing or bad. Any thoughts

(I also wondered what the hell happened to Saul Tarvitz and his unit?)

A great tactician knows that victory is one part planning and nine parts faith

Remember Alex arrogance killed the person nobody liked.

Witch hunters Order of the Purging Blade Tally
Wins - 9 (2000 pt space marine force)
Losses - 3
Draw - 3

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-27-07, 08:16 PM

I like most of this series, the writing is solid in all the books ut I am sick to death of Garviel Loken's little band of loyallist traitors, gve us some oiut right traitors already! (athough Iacton Grulgor and the ending chapters of Fulgrim more than make up for some of the lacking)

I can't wait for Descent of Angels, the Dark Angels have always been my favourite chapter and hopefully we can get some new fluff for Cypher and the Fallen.

Legion should be cool as well, especially if it features the Imperial Army.
What are everyones hopes for the series?

I wan't:
  • The Fall of Prospero from both sides, inclding the Primarchs
  • A Sanguinuis narrated Blood Angels novel
  • An Iron Warriors novel like Horus Rising (i.e. told from the perspective of a soldier or Captain)
  • A novel from the Emperors perspective
  • and a novel set directly after the Heresy has ended
[/list]
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-27-07, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Three books:

The Dark (Night Haunters Tale - its actually his personal diary but from the perspective of may Zso Sahaal is fine as well) - written by Abnett of course.

A book about the Raven Gaurd

A book about the Salamanders.

(Those two could actually be combined - be their perspective of the Drop Site Masscres)

A Space Wolves book would be nice as well but they will get coverage in the Fall of Prospero.
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-29-07, 03:36 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I loves the HH books. I keep them right next to my bed so I can read them at all times. It is also widely known if I go on a trip without a HH book, or books, the world will end.

I think I liked Galaxy In Flames and Fulgrim the best...GIF because it's always fun when 40% of the main characters die off rather uncerimoniously. I mean, if Horus himself came down and hacked Loken's head from his shoulders everybody would cheer, but just pressing the button and blowing them away is kind of...anticlimactic.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-29-07, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Right bit of update for you. I've done some wandering around the net and come up with some interesting little titbits of infomation. Some of you will already know this but for those that don't:

The Latest Book has been annonced its going to be called "Battle for the Abyss", will be written by Ben Counter and will be released in August next year and... thats about all I can tell you for certain. There is a bit of rumour flowing around about it everything from it being a Mech tale, Horus defeating a large portion of the Imperial Navy and Dorn and somebody else (can't for the life of me remember) having a Navel confrotation. Some people also hope/think it will be Blood Angel related.

The facts about the Prospero book have come to light as well. It will be written by two authors. The book will contain two stories. Dan Abnett will write the Space Wolf perspective of the event and Graham McNeill will write the Thousand Son's presective. Aparently depending on what order you read the stories in will affect how you see the event. No word on offical title (although I imagine it will be The Fall Of Prospero or Prospero's Fall or something along those lines) or release date yet.

There is a lot of talk about the specifics of the plot of Descent Of Angels but I won't go into that. Its all quite boring and complicated and just gets confusing in the end.

The two short stories which Dan Abnett and Graham McNeil wrote are being published in a 'Chapbook' limited to 1500 copies of which only 500 are available through the website apparently. 500 will be available at a GD (probably the UK one) The last 500 will be available at another (as of yet unknown) time. I'm just going to cry now. They will probaby be available late next year for download via the website. At least I hope so. I'm so strapped for cash at the moment that I can't get it. The first decent bit of Night Lords in the seris and I have to be broke. :cry:

Theres been talk of a Mech novel written by McNeill but still nothing solid.

Anyway thats all for now. Updates when they come to light.
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-03-07, 05:17 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've read Horus rising and Decent of Angels and was surprised at how they portrayed the primarchs as being so very human, i was dissapointed with how Descent of Angels finished though. I'm contemplating trying to write a story for Corax, hes always been left out of the loop never mentioned by the other primarchs in stories it as if hes the black sheep of the family. So i either wanna write one myself or hope that a book containing him and his relations with the more promient primarchs comes out.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-12-07, 08:33 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why is it the Sons of Horus are painted Green? its such an unusual colour and in the White Dwarf entry they were never green were they?
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-14-07, 03:35 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

They're painted a kind of light puke green before the Black Legion-era scheme. The Luna Wolves were grey, the SOH puke green, Black Legion, duh, black.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode