Horus Heresy Discussion - WARNING: Spoilers - Update 29/9/07 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-29-07, 03:27 PM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

>> Musr be 2 bookss between mate, cos Descent is the 5th, unless im missing something somewhere. :?:

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-29-07, 08:19 PM

About a year ago I bought my copy of GALAXY IN FLAMES and the manager told me that originally there was supposed to be seven books and now it seems its just gonna go on and on...its fine by me but can anybody tell me how many there will be?

By the way FULGRIM is the 5TH.

1. HORUS RISING
2. FALSE GODS
3. GALAXY IN FLAMES
4. FLIGHT OF THE EISENSTEIN
5. FULGRIM
6. DESCENT OF ANGELS
7. (I READ ON DAN ABNETS SITE) LEGION
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-29-07, 09:52 PM

>> My bad peoples. I was just looking at the books in front of me :oops:

>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-30-07, 04:00 AM

I just finished Flight of the Eisenstein and I felt it was basically 3.5 and not really a wholely new addition to the series. I enjoyed getting Garro's point of view of the events but it just seemed a bit "rehashy" to me. My local bookstore hasn't gotten either Fulgrim or Descent so I'm a little po'd about that.
On a side note you guys answered something that has bugged me since I got Eisenstein, Loken died. That fuckin sucks. Now I've never been a history buff as far as 40k goes and so forgive me for my ignorance about some of the subject matter. See I held out a little hope that Loken somehow survived at the end of Galaxy in Flames. From what I remember I got the impression that he passed out from his injuries and that was all. Yeah I know I'm an idiot but that is just how I read it but then again it was really freaking late and I wasn't exactly "all there" mentally. So now I will take this moment to mourn his passing. ........ ok done. Although I agree that it is better that he died loyal to the Emperor though I really loved his character better than any of the others.

~False
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-30-07, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Lol Descent hasn't really been released yet so none of us have unfortuantly. Can't wait though.

Yea Loken died. Even if he hadn't then there is no way he could get off the planet. I think its better that he died loyal and proud. Yes just checked and he's dead. Love the end of the paragraph which says he's dead though. It ends with Abbadon thinking that Little Horus needs watching. Abbadon is going to kill him, even if Little Horus is still loyal to the Warmaster.

I think Loken is nearly everybodies favourite character, just because he had such good character development over the first three books.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-30-07, 05:06 PM

>> Agree with the point on Horus Aximand. Abbadon will kill him, but will be able to convince Horus that he was right in doing so. Abbadon seems to have ideas above his station, even though he is 1st Captain. I am liking the way they doing Lucius and detailing how the self scarring started. Emperors Children fucking :rock:

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-04-07, 04:48 PM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Just finished fulgrim yesterday, and I was thinking, there are a few loose ends in Fulgrim that could lead to Tarvitz, and Vipus coming back. When Eidolon asks Lucius if he saw tarvitz die, Lucius says no, but there's no way he could have escaped. That in itself is nothing, but when asked about Ancient Rylanor (the dreadnought) Lucius says he saw nothing of him after the virus bombing, as he was assigned to guard something. Those two together could add up to something, as whatever rylanor was guarding clearly was something important if they were willing to pull their only vehicle off the front lines and have him sit around doing nothing.

My hunch is it's an underground hanger, with some stormbirds or army transports in it. (I'm assuming this was Isstvanian surplus, left behind by the imperials, which is why Horus missed it. Since thunderhawks were new, they wouldn't have been left to rot on a backwater planet that was taken twenty years prior.)

I know galaxy in flames says that the precentor's palace is bombed again, but the surviving loyalists are in the warsinger's temple, and nothing is said of their death, other than "the battle for isstvan III was over". No mention of roofs crashing down and crushing astartes, nothing like that. So, it's possible that the warsinger's temple led to an underground hanger filled with ships, and these final hundred men were able to escape, as galaxy in flames says they only bombed the city. If they flew low, they would be able to escape the fleet's sensors (even if the sensors did pick them up, there's debris flying all over the place down there and it would be very difficult to discern flying rocks from a stormbird, at least from orbit) and land somewhere else on the planet, waiting until the fleet left and then figure out a way to escape the planet.

What do ya think?

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-04-07, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

I don't know if I would want Tavritz or any of the others coming back, they died a awsome hero's death. It would be kinda cheap to bring them back I think.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-07, 06:46 PM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

yeah, but the final battle between tarvitz and lucius was kind of...empty. Lucius running away like a whipped dog didn't really do it for me, it needs to be much bigger I think.

post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-07, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Thats a good point actually, hmm I'll have to have a serious think on it all now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode