Horus Heresy - The Solar War: The End is in Sight - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Horus Heresy - The Solar War: The End is in Sight

With the recent news from the Horus Heresy Weekender that the Horus Heresy is shifting away from the Age of Darkness and Imperium Secundus and moving onto the Solar War, or as BL termed it The Gauntlet, it means we are approaching the end of the Horus Heresy series.

For all those people who are dying to know when it ends, I can't give an answer. But after finishing War Without End and reading the author's afterword from Laurie Goulding, written in September 2015, I can say that according to him, the writer team now knows EXACTLY how many Horus Heresy novels the series will have.

That's right, there is now a firm number.

Here is the info recap courtesy of Bell of Lost Souls;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell of Lost Souls
Solar War is a big conflict. A fortress with two walls. One is guarded by the Emperor (Webway) and the other (Solar system) by Dorn.

Mars is traitor held but they are isolated and blockaded on the planet.

The re-conquest of Mars is a battle which truly matters. The Solar system is the grave yard of untold dead empires etc. Fleets destroyed / artificial worlds / Dark age of technology worlds etc. – the defence of the Solar System is difficult as enemies are within and without.

Saturn and Jupiter have lots of moons which have their own mini empires – as do the planets (case and point Furious Abyss) each has their own agenda. Loyalties are complicated.

The Hives on Terra could be sided with the traitors – not all, but some. Has to Pacify the enemies (some could be the Alpha Legion as it is their specialty).

“Can Horus attack from multiple angles?”

“Dorn is loyalist Warmaster in all but name.” He has to analyse everything. If a force goes dark have they been destroyed or have they changed loyalties?

People fleeing in to the Solar System from the greater Imperium.

Ghosts Speak Not: Traitors at the front door and people not knowing about it. All about how to be on guard against terrorist activities and espionage. Dealing with the Alpha Legion etc.”They will keep adding the pressure until Terra cracks.” Someone will attack and another attacking force will learn from their mistakes etc.

Dorn knows Horus is coming but not sure how, so has to guess Horus’ moves. Did he send ships to test defences as feints?

If Horus was killed someone else would have still tried to attack Terra.

Black Library are getting the Legions to start heading to Terra. – Path of Heaven is White Scars heading to defend Terra, and will start the lead into the Siege.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 02-07-16 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 02:39 PM

Lord of Ruin's Flag is: Great Britain

I too am Super excited from all the reveals that happened at the HH weekender, specifically the reveals of the Solar War. Really looking forward to the release of Jon French's 'Praetorian of Dorn'.

The cover for 'The Silent War' looks bloody brilliant with Severian, Sigismund and the Sigillite. Is there any news on what this is i.e. is it an Audio, Novella, Anthology or full on Novel??
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 02:43 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Ruin View Post
I too am Super excited from all the reveals that happened at the HH weekender, specifically the reveals of the Solar War. Really looking forward to the release of Jon French's 'Praetorian of Dorn'.

The cover for 'The Silent War' looks bloody brilliant with Severian, Sigismund and the Sigillite. Is there any news on what this is i.e. is it an Audio, Novella, Anthology or full on Novel??
Know where I can find pictures of these covers?

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
Know where I can find pictures of these covers?
I second this question.

Edit: Found them myself.

Angels of Caliban:

The Silent War:

The Path of Heaven:

My first thought: After seeing Severian on the second cover, I am convinced that if there's ever a Horus Heresy film series, Ryan Hurst should play him. Second thought: Most badass cover appearance now goes to Malcador the Sigilite, FREAKING HELL look at that staff!

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 02-07-16 at 02:59 PM.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 04:57 PM

Lord of Ruin's Flag is: Great Britain

Thanks for posting the pictures not sure how to post pics otherwise I would of.

Out of all these, I'm assuming that 'Path of Heaven' will be the next release after Pharos, as there is already a mock up cover done, judging by these latest pics?
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Ruin View Post
Out of all these, I'm assuming that 'Path of Heaven' will be the next release after Pharos, as there is already a mock up cover done, judging by these latest pics?
According to the info we have so far, incorrect. The next HH release is The Crimson King by Graham McNeill which will show what the Thousand Sons are up to and what makes them side with Horus.

LotN

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 05:27 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
According to the info we have so far, incorrect. The next HH release is The Crimson King by Graham McNeill which will show what the Thousand Sons are up to and what makes them side with Horus.

LotN

Horus Heresy releases for the next five months

February: Dark Angle audio drama/ Pharos
March: Eye of Terror
April: The Path of Heaven
May: The Silent War
June: Knights of Caliban

Plus: Grey Talon and Red Marked get CD release

Second half of year:13th wolf audio drama

Last edited by March of Time; 02-07-16 at 05:33 PM.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Time View Post
Horus Heresy releases for the next five months

February: Dark Angle audio drama/ Pharos
March: Eye of Terror
April: The Path of Heaven
May: The Silent War
June: Knights of Caliban

Plus: Grey Talon and Red Marked get CD release

Second half of year:13th wolf audio drama
What's your source on this info? And are you sure it's Knights of Caliban and not Angels of Caliban?

LotN

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 05:39 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
What's your source on this info? And are you sure it's Knights of Caliban and not Angels of Caliban?

LotN
Yeah it could be angels of Caliban.

Last edited by March of Time; 02-07-16 at 05:44 PM.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-16, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Time View Post
Yeah it could be angels of Caliban.
Well then that's the image above. But still, where'd you get this info? I was really looking forward to the Crimson King but if what you've posted is true then it seems we may be in for a real slew of Horus Heresy.

LotN

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode