Who can beat Curze in melee combat? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Default Who can beat Curze in melee combat?

Curze says in Pharos that he can beat most of the primarchs including Sanguinius (doubtful about this since it was said Sanguinius can possibly defeat Angron). It got me thinking who could actually beat Curze in a fight and who would lose. I made my list below, which is divided into "definites" and "maybes".

Definite
Horus
Leman Russ (executioner, believes he can kill Horus)

Maybe
Lion El'Jonson (badly wounded Curze in prince of crows)
Sanguinius (considered to be one of the best primarchs in melee combat)
Corax
Angron
Fulgrim

There's a lot of conjecture on my part here. I'd like to know what other people's thoughts are on this topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 03:30 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

There's no definitive way with any of them tbh. The Khan is amazing in combat, whilst Mortarion is so durable he just wears anyone else down, as seen in Scars for both of them. It's just going to be based on who writes it.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 04:51 PM

and i dont know why you say Horus for Definite since he wasnt as good a fighter as some of the others he was just an all rounder

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 05:02 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

After 2 bottles of Buckfast, I'd give him a run for his money! As A.O.B says hard to put a definite on it, as it as it varies between authours on what primarchs are like, in "the lightning tower" Dorn reckons he would have beaten Kurze if he had not been sucker punched, and that he would "spit" Angron in a fight

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 06:33 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Rupert, the 21st Primarch, would have beaten him.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 06:38 PM

Other than Angron beating Russ in night of the wolves in one on one combat, has there been ever a Primarch match with a clear winner? Lion and Curze are at a draw with 1-1 each (iirc), Russ vs Magnus, many will say that it was a lucky shot. I don't think there has been a clear winner in any other Primarch feud other than the one between Russ and Angron.

Vulkan vs Curze? Probably Vulkan but he didn't exactly won in the end. Bottom-line is that even after 30+ HH novels, there can be no Primarch strength ranking.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 07:33 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Circle View Post
Other than Angron beating Russ in night of the wolves in one on one combat, has there been ever a Primarch match with a clear winner? Lion and Curze are at a draw with 1-1 each (iirc), Russ vs Magnus, many will say that it was a lucky shot. I don't think there has been a clear winner in any other Primarch feud other than the one between Russ and Angron.

Vulkan vs Curze? Probably Vulkan but he didn't exactly won in the end. Bottom-line is that even after 30+ HH novels, there can be no Primarch strength ranking.
Well before Lorgar had is 'awakening' Corax absolutely dominated him. Probably far more than any other fight.

I wouldn't say Angron and Russ is a fair example either. Russ didn't want to kill Angron and wasn't willing to either I don't think, he just had a hubris moment and genuinely thought Angron would back down. Angron on the other hand was more than willing, plus he would have died anyway as the Legion had surrounded him, cutting him off from his own men.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 08:15 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

Although I found Curze in UE rather over the top,
based upon betrayer and the fight Russ vs Angron, I would say Angron definitely has an edge,
The Khan was convincing against Mortarion, I think he won on points,
Fulgrim got help from a Daemonic sword...
but these are rather pointless discussions as in the end Kharn the naysayer is right, Rupert would have beaten them all, if he was not suffering from cmd
we have heard about the martial prowess of Sanguinus and his wrath, it's about time we actually get to read about it
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 09:05 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

I recall someone used the forgeworld rules for the primarchs to put up a power ranking. Horus came out on top because of his rules simply trashing everyone else.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-16, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Well before Lorgar had is 'awakening' Corax absolutely dominated him. Probably far more than any other fight.
Yeah forgot about it, but as you said "You have changed" Lorgar is a different beast, he did dominated the demon Fulgrim and speaking of Fulgrim, what about Fulgrim vs Ferrus? I forgot about that too, although second encounter couldn't be said to be strictly fair, I do think that their first encounter on Ferrus' flagship was fair and Fulgrim did came on top at the end of it.

Horus is still to fight any Primarch but I think he will be written as someone who will win any conflict against any other Primarch. Probably we can see a Russ vs Horus match soon.

Then I do understand that writing one Primarch as absolutely better than other is problematic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode