Who can beat Curze in melee combat? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-20-16, 03:18 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobaddon View Post
Angron. Angron can beat pretty much all primarchs one on one. Curze shouldn't be an exception either.
Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOVE angry ronald but all of the others - hmmm that's pushing it - but yes, personally I believe he would be more than a match for Curze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-21-16, 03:35 PM

The problem with Kurze is that the guy isn't all there and it seems to affect his ability to fight. At his best, yeah, he's frightning as seen in The unremembered empire where he stand against two primarch. (Yet, he doesn't fight fair...)

At his absolute worst ? Well, a Callidus assassin killed him. (Yeah, I know he wanted to make a point, but seriously, he was quite mad and utterly depressive.)

So I will take him on his "average" day and list only those who could win over him with certainty, on my POV, of course.

Angron is a killing machine, I think he could best any primarch in one-on-one. Including Kurze. He would go only more and more crazy by the Kurze trick, ending in him killing in fountain of gore, Kratos- style.

Corax and Kurze would have a very balanced combat, each one using surprise attack and never fighting fair. The Kurze's ability to take a pychological could give him an edge, tought, if he don't get surprised by Corax.

Guilliman would loose the first time, maybe the second, and would never loose again. Exactly like he did against Corax. But if Guilliman has the initiative... well we remember all Tsalguasa.

The Khan would have an edge, because he's unscrutable, and I doubt that Kurze could read him. He's also swift as hell, which give him quite a reaction advantage. I think where the Lion would have give one sneaky strike, he would have striked twice, or even three.

Horus... well, he's Horus. I think he would have took Kurze, but it would be a brutal messy things. But end of the day, the sheer agression of Horus would give him the victory.

Leman Russ would won, because he's just a ruthless bastard who doesn't let his feelings get in his way, but it would cost him much.

The others either loose or are too much uncertainty to see a clear winner.

Don't shoot me, heretic ! I speak High Gothick and english isn't my first language !

Check out my space marine story if you dare :

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=187466
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-21-16, 04:51 PM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOVE angry ronald but all of the others - hmmm that's pushing it - but yes, personally I believe he would be more than a match for Curze
My argument comes from the fact that Angron has been pretty much venerated/cosnidered the ultime fighter among the primarchs, which afterall makes sense since he was a gladiator ever since his childhood.

Both Lorgar and Argel tal in " Betrayer " state that Angron is unmatched in combat, and Lorgar himself believes that no one could best enraged Sanguinis save for Horus and Angron himself. Couple that with Corax's praise and his feats of beating Leman and Guilliman, it's easy to see why Angron ranks in top three easily.

Where other primarchs are generals and lords first, Angron is a weapon in itself. Betrayer explains how Angron was literally robbed of everything but his martial prowess.

Now im not saying Angron couldn't lose to other Primarchs in certain circumstances, since a battles' conditions certainly doesn't always goes in one's favour, but in a clear, fair one on one fight I don't see him losing to anyone, even Horus.

However, if you put Angron in a pure brute strength contest, I think no matter how much he got enraged, he prolly wouldn't best Vulkan.

Or if you landed Alpharius/Omegon/ or Corax and Angron in a jungle and told them to locate and eliminate each other. I think under those conditions Alpharius's/Omegon's resourcefullness and Corax's stealth would prevail over Angron's mindless drive to stop forward.

Curze is a dirty street fighter type, and once Angron starts to think he won and turned his back on him, he'd find his chest pierced by a pair of claws, but in a fair fight, Curze would get torn to shreds.

Last edited by Brobaddon; 02-21-16 at 05:02 PM.

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-21-16, 11:13 PM
alt-f4's Flag is: Belgium

In pure melee, like in a plain light arena, I'm still pretty sure that many Primarchs beat up Curze. If Curze has the time to prepare an ambush in a shadowy environment, that's quite different.

(By the way, I have read the fight between the Khan and Mortarion. At the end of it, just before Mortarion's departure, it is said - into the French version at least - that the Khan is so exhausted that he could only give one last strike with his sword. Mortarion took damages, more than the Khan, but was still standing ... it's more a draw, actually, even a short win by the Khan since Mortarion decided to leave. Sorry about that)

The Serrated Flame : a First Heretics army

- Primordial Truth is Humanity's only salvation -
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Curze is a dirty street fighter type, and once Angron starts to think he won and turned his back on him, he'd find his chest pierced by a pair of claws, but in a fair fight, Curze would get torn to shreds.
I agree, but I don't think Angron would turn his back on Kurze, not even after thinking he's winning. The poor bastard captain of the Ultramarines in Betrayer didn't go easy, it's implied he died in agony and that Angron didn't stop untill the ultramarine died and the poor guy didn't even caused a real threath against the primarch.

Don't shoot me, heretic ! I speak High Gothick and english isn't my first language !

post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 04:50 AM

Quote:
I agree, but I don't think Angron would turn his back on Kurze, not even after thinking he's winning. The poor bastard captain of the Ultramarines in Betrayer didn't go easy, it's implied he died in agony and that Angron didn't stop untill the ultramarine died and the poor guy didn't even caused a real threath against the primarch.

post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt-f4 View Post
In pure melee, like in a plain light arena, I'm still pretty sure that many Primarchs beat up Curze. If Curze has the time to prepare an ambush in a shadowy environment, that's quite different.

(By the way, I have read the fight between the Khan and Mortarion. At the end of it, just before Mortarion's departure, it is said - into the French version at least - that the Khan is so exhausted that he could only give one last strike with his sword. Mortarion took damages, more than the Khan, but was still standing ... it's more a draw, actually, even a short win by the Khan since Mortarion decided to leave. Sorry about that)
Khan vs. Morty is a draw IMO

The final strike of the Khan is hinted to be a 50/50 do or die exchange
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 03:42 PM

I'm in agreement that Angron is the best one on one fighter out of all of them. It's just what he does.

I just don't understand that Kurze can fight Sanguinius and although both can essentially see the future no one wins whereas The Lion can fight him and cause significant damage (without any form of preconception). How is that even possible if your opponent can see what happens before it happens?
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 04:37 PM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

In what novel does Kurze " beat " Sanguinish or whatever is implied?
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 08:48 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I feel like during the Great Crusade Angron, Horus and Sanguinius are in a class of their own, but daemon Angron and ascended Horus probably move ahead of Sanguinus. I wonder where daemon prince Fulgrim ranks? He was already formidable, and if a daemon primarch is boosted as much as a chaos lord to daemon prince ascension it seems likely Fulgrim could defeat Sanguinius

Daemon Fulgrim also beats Kurze as far as I'm concerned

Quote:
In what novel does Kurze " beat " Sanguinish or whatever is implied?
In no novel. In Pharos...

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode