Pharos - Horus Heresy 33 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-14-15, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Default Pharos - Horus Heresy 33

http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horu...2405-110887141

The next numbered instalment in the epic series is fast approaching. This novel is a major step on the road to Terra. Legions clash, night falls across the Imperium, and a battle rages whose consequences for the entire galaxy will echo 10.000 years into the future.

--------

I thought initially it might be the War in the Webway, that it was just a teaser title to obscure The Master of Mankind. But it clearly looks like both Ultramarines and the Imperial Fists is involved. So how did the Ultras get to join with the Fists with the Ruinstorm in the way? Though if its somewhere truly closer to the Battle for Terra, then the Age of Darkness may be comming to an end soon.

An Imperial Fist. Literally. Who does it belong to?

Death from above! But what Legion are they?

Unexpected allies. What's brought them together?

Edit: According to blabber im picking up, it appears to be on Sotha, where the Night Lords is striking at what the Ultramarines is hiding there. Their empathic beacon. - And that the big fister is Alexis Pollux. So we might see Sevatar and perhaps Curze involved as well. So clearly a followup to that Night Lords short that saw their ragtag fleet arriving at Sotha.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-he...ace-ebook.html

I do wonder how this 'sidebattle' is going to be that important for the overall heresy fight. Or even getting any closer to Terra as claimed by the teaser.

Edit 2: With a bit of thinking, it strikes me that this novel's true name might be the long rumored Nightfall.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 10-14-15 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-14-15, 09:38 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Edit 2: With a bit of thinking, it strikes me that this novel's true name might be the long rumored Nightfall.
Oh god I hope so. MOAR NIGHT LORDS!!

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-14-15, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Oh god I hope so. MOAR NIGHT LORDS!!

LotN
Somhow your answer doesnt suprise me.

Say, did you notice the pm I sent you the other day?

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 10-14-15 at 09:51 PM.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-14-15, 10:06 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Somehow your answer doesnt suprise me.

Say, did you notice the pm I sent you the other day?

Edit: Say, wasn't ADB orginally supposed to write Nightfall? Perhaps it was handed off to someone else so that he could focus on MoM and Black Legion. I do remember the chatter about the Heresy stalling because of books getting late.
My love of the Night Lords is well known sir.

And yeah, I forgot to reply. The answer yeah I have read Ahriman: Unchanged and as for reviewing it; i'll get around to it, probably this weekend.

Hm, interesting point. Perhaps Guy Haley has taken the reigns of this book, considering he penned A Safe and Shadowed Place, it might be that the short serves as a prequel to this book.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 04:31 AM

Please don't let this be by Nick Kyme, Gav Thorpe, James Swallow (unlikely), McNeill...
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

https://www.facebook.com/TheHorusHer...407582735218:0

BL: Before you go, we're always looking forward to seeing your next cover. Without giving too much away, could you give us a hint at what we might see from you in the near future?
NR: I've literally just finished a piece where two of the main players in the series are seen fighting back to back. As allies? Maybe even as friends? It's something I've certainly never seen on a Horus Heresy cover before. That was such good fun to paint. I always love experiencing those moments…

Its speculated that this tidbit is refering to Alexis Pollux and Barabas Dantioch, since they are the two big names involved with the Sotha project. The 3 teaser images for the Dying of the Light is present in this interview with Neil Roberts.

I wonder if the Sotha project might be how the Blood Angels returns to Terra. Sanguinius and his sons showing up to save the day as Sotha is getting almost overrun by the Night Lords, then making use of the Pharos to whisk himself and his entire legion to Terra. Wouldn't suprise me that his decision to abandon Imperium Secundus hinges on recieving a message that the Emperor is still alive.

So this might be what BL claims that is pushing the plot towards the Battle for Terra.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 10-15-15 at 06:49 AM.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 06:42 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

My worst expectations is that this is an antholgoy (like Legacies of Betrayal) to tie up all digital shorts regarding Imperium Secundus with a couple "new" stories that won't prograss the story at all considering no author has expressed a new novel with Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. My best expectations is an entirely new written novel.
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
My worst expectations is that this is an antholgoy (like Legacies of Betrayal) to tie up all digital shorts regarding Imperium Secundus with a couple "new" stories that won't prograss the story at all considering no author has expressed a new novel with Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. My best expectations is an entirely new written novel.
Well they did they bill it as a plot progresser, which they've not done with past novels. So I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a truly new novel to push the story. Likely to be Guy Haley, since he haven't yet had a full Heresy novel, plus the fact that he wrote A safe and shadowed place, which seems to be setup as a prequel for this story.

Edit: Hrm......I wonder..... If Sanguinius shows up we might see a cameo of Szarekh, the Silent King. He did claim that he met Sanguinius, when Dante encountered him ten thousand years later, and wore a death mask molded in Sanguinius' likeness as a sign of respect. Szarekh would be telling Sanguinius about the approaching menace in the galactic void, which is severely attracted to warp beacons like the Pharos and the Astronomican. It being exactly where the Angel realizes that the Emperor is still alive.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhamme...ing-ebook.html

Edit 2: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Al...uestid=5226671
The model of Alexis Polux. Turning it around, you can see his giant powerfist with the underslung combi melta as teased by BL

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 10-15-15 at 11:21 AM.
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Spotted a newsbit at Bolter and Chainsword:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/t...iii/?p=4197842

Ok fellas to clear things out - as was said in closed circles at the last BL Weekender:

Author Guy Haley
Plot: continuation of a story with Night Lords small fleet arrival to Ultramar - more specific to Sotha.
Dramatis: Ultramarines; Imperial Fists; Night Lords; Curze; Guilliman

Anyone at the Warhammer Open Day this saturday/sunday would have a shot on it

Looks like our guesses was pretty much spot-on!
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 08:58 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I hope Curze isn't as stupidly OP as he was in Unremembered Empire.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode