The Beast Arises schedule blog - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
The mech lord of the rust world Gorro was one of the lesser lieutenants of Overlord Urrlak Urruk on Ullanor.
So the ranking probabaly looks like this?

1. Urrlak Urruk/The Beast (tie)
2. Mech Lord of Gorro who chokes the Big E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Personally id rank the Beast in top. He managed to gather a galaxy bursting ork waagh. None of the other ork warlords have managed that feat.

If Ghazhkull keep rolling in success, I suspect he might hit a big growth spurt soon.
post #83 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 07:54 PM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Actually I don't see how Ghaz's Waagh is said to be bigger than Beasts' since I think Ork's armagedons' forces were said to number in 3-4 milions, which sounds really small compared to how many Orks Beast unleashed on hundreds of planets and what not, the book really makes you think like Beasts' Orks number in hundreds of bilions literally.

Then there's the fact Beast is far far far bigger than Ghaz, although we don't know who's the better leader since Beast hasn't made an appearance yet, in actual combat that is.

By the way, I was thinking, who do you think will kill Vangorich? The older fluff mentions him being killed by single surviving astartes, so I'm guessing " Slaughter " ? I doubt it's going to be some random astartes.

Also, any ideas on which temple Wire/Beast Krule belonged to? It doesn't seem like he was a part of the major ones, so maybe some unknown minor one?

post #84 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-26-16, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Yep, so far I think the Beast -seriously- outclasses Ghaz. So far the 2 major astartes that have been shown is Koorland 'Slaughter' and Maximus Thane, could be either. But id lean to Slaughter, given the name play and being the possible founder of the Deathwatch. Theres an image of him in deathwatch armor.

I think Krule is special, since he is the right hand man of Vangorich, the best of the best to do the Grand master's dirtiest work. Id guess Eversor, but he is a lot more lucid than those beasts.

Edit: Oh, I misread what you said, i thought you meant the kill on the beast.
post #85 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-26-16, 01:40 AM

I'll be dissapointed if the Beast ( the ork beast ) doesn't mop up floor with at least a 2-3 squads of astartes, or destroys a super heavy tank or so.

And yeah Wire is a real deal, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes out an Astartes when the combined assault against Eversors happens.
post #86 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-28-16, 03:36 AM

I was always under the impression that the Ork lord who choked the Emp was the biggest ever...so this is kinda weird
post #87 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-29-16, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
I was always under the impression that the Ork lord who choked the Emp was the biggest ever...so this is kinda weird
That Ork is a baby compared to the Beast.

On another note, ho boy shit is going down in book 4. So the Ork Moon reached Terra herself. Im a bit confused as to how they avoided all of the opposition from the Imperial fleet. I guess they used that warp-tunelling again?

In any case, Im hyped as fuck for " The Last Wall ". I never heard of the author that wrote the 4th book tho.

Last edited by Brobaddon; 02-29-16 at 01:17 PM.
post #88 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-07-16, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Things are heating up, amazon have the names for the final novels. And damn, Guy haley writting the finale?! Awesome beyond words when you notice the title of it!

Echoes of the Long War
http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Long-War-Beast-Arises/dp/1784961744/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=156QBFFSPZY1E773W242
The Hunt for Vulkan
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunt-Vulkan-Beast-Arises/dp/1784961825/ref=pd_bxgy_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=156QBFFSPZY1E773W242
The Beast Must Die
http://www.amazon.com/The-Beast-Must-Die-Arises/dp/1784962007/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1H52XGSV8T5M46BAQBGR
Watchers in Death
http://www.amazon.com/Watchers-Death-Beast-Arises-Vol/dp/1784962058/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457374502&sr=8-2&keywords=watchers+in+death
The Last Son of Dorn
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Son-Dorn-Beast-Arises/dp/1784962112/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1457374016&sr=8-13&keywords=the+beast+arises
Shadow of Ullanor
http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Ullanor-Beast-Arises-Sanders/dp/1784962163/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457374264&sr=8-1&keywords=shadow+of+ullanor
The Beheading
http://www.amazon.com/Beheading-Beast-Arises-Guy-Haley/dp/178496221X/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1457374016&sr=8-14&keywords=the+beast+arises

Pure genius to end the series on such an explosive note!

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 03-07-16 at 05:32 PM.
post #89 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

The Last Wall have just become available, much earlier than expected. Saturday release usually.
post #90 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Finished The Last Wall......epic! The intrigue and plotting is reaching a truly fervered pitch. And we get a glimpse into a quite secretive area of Terra. A last ditch effort to half the great menace, and their utterly suprising counter. Who knew orks could be capable of -THAT?!-

I am quite looking forward to book 5, Throneworld to see what happens next.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode