The Beast Arises schedule blog - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-16-16, 11:18 PM

If the Beast Kills Vulkan...how? Vulkan is Perpetual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobaddon View Post
I haven't started to read the last well yet, but goddamn, vulkan shows up????? Wasn't he already suppsoed to be gone by this point?
Book 7 is The Hunt for Vulkan. Appearently vulkan have long been the last primarch in lore. The last of the primarchs vanishing after 1500 years, and its roughly 1500 years after the Horus Heresy now.
post #103 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 08:10 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
If the Beast Kills Vulkan...how? Vulkan is Perpetual
read Unremembered Empire. that should explain that part of the story.

post #104 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 10:01 AM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

I'm quite interested in seeing another author write Vulkan. We've only really had Nick Kyme take him on. He was in Unremembered Empire but he was wild and insane the entire book so it wasn't like there was much characterization.
post #105 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 11:39 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
I'm quite interested in seeing another author write Vulkan. We've only really had Nick Kyme take him on. He was in Unremembered Empire but he was wild and insane the entire book so it wasn't like there was much characterization.
Yup. I am really, really happy to finally see somebody else write Vulkan. I just don't like Kymes writing at all, not liked a single thing he's written, but more than anything I hate the monopoly he seems to have on the Salamanders and Vulkan. Let someone else write, let's get a fresh perspective on the Primarch and the Legion. It's like Swallow had an iron hold on the Blood Angels as well, and Mcneill the Emperor's Children. Whilst I hate Swallows Blood Angels work, I enjoyed Flight of the Eisenstein quite a lot, I just don't like his take on Sanguinius and the Bangles, it's just very flat and uninteresting. Also with Mcneill, I actually like his portrayal of them, I like Fulgrim and some of the shorts, I didn't like Angel Exterminatus that much, but I still think he portrays the Emperors Children and Fulgrim well. But I'd just like to see other authors have a shot.

Abnett reimagined the Space Wolves beautifully imo, but then they let Wraight take control of them as well and he's brilliant as well writing them.
post #106 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-17-16, 09:11 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

This got delivered despite site saying not shipping for another week, just a shame iv next to no time to read them for another few weeks thanks to work :/
post #107 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-18-16, 10:05 AM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Yup. I am really, really happy to finally see somebody else write Vulkan. I just don't like Kymes writing at all, not liked a single thing he's written, but more than anything I hate the monopoly he seems to have on the Salamanders and Vulkan. Let someone else write, let's get a fresh perspective on the Primarch and the Legion. It's like Swallow had an iron hold on the Blood Angels as well, and Mcneill the Emperor's Children. Whilst I hate Swallows Blood Angels work, I enjoyed Flight of the Eisenstein quite a lot, I just don't like his take on Sanguinius and the Bangles, it's just very flat and uninteresting. Also with Mcneill, I actually like his portrayal of them, I like Fulgrim and some of the shorts, I didn't like Angel Exterminatus that much, but I still think he portrays the Emperors Children and Fulgrim well. But I'd just like to see other authors have a shot.

Abnett reimagined the Space Wolves beautifully imo, but then they let Wraight take control of them as well and he's brilliant as well writing them.
seconded
post #108 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-18-16, 08:32 PM

It's going to be hard to say what the writers are going to be allowed to do with Vulkan.

On one hand, it's 40K so the beast killing him is probably going to happen.

However on the flip side Vulkan is one person they may just have this as the thing that makes him disappear leaving it open if he's still alive or not.

It's really hard to say.
post #109 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-19-16, 05:49 PM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Not done with the book just yet, but where the f are Custodes? Everyone's talking about using merchant fleets to deliver bilions of fodder and bla bla, but seriously, zero mention of custodes? There's like 10,000 of them on Terra. Or is that later in the book?
post #110 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-19-16, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

I expect to see the custodian guard featuring in Throneworld, book 5, due to the emergence of a new faction in the fight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode