Wolf King - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-02-15, 07:46 PM

I got the email and it said it was available on iBooks.

I looked and it's not, very strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-02-15, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
WTF, 28euro for a mere ebook novella? Black Library can keep this one till it gets a more reasonable price.
Fuck that, for a book you'd read in as long as it takes to take a good dump? I think not.
post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-15, 07:49 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
If side B can't counter side A's tactics...but side A can counter side B's tactics...yes, I would say side A is superior to side B...at least vis-a-vis each other.

What you're saying is that side A is superior because it has more practice at and a greater talent for superior tactics other legions are unable to counter.
I'm saying what I said. I think it was clear enough.

post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-15, 09:58 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Found extensive spoilers here for those whom thinks its ridiculously overpriced:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/t...nd-discussion/

Some rather interesting bits.
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-15, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
I'm saying what I said. I think it was clear enough.
Right...you clearly said other sides can't counter the AL, then gave some reasons for why that's the case.
post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-15, 06:04 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

some very positive reactions, seems promising, and adds to Chris his reputation, nice
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-04-15, 06:33 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
Right...you clearly said other sides can't counter the AL, then gave some reasons for why that's the case.
I never said they couldn't. I gave an opinion as to why them not doing so doesn't necessarily make the Alpha Legion over the top, unrealistic, etc. I offered that the context and background of the Legiones Astartes (specifically, their culture and mentality) allowed the Alpha Legion to operate in a relative vacuum where their chosen mode of war was concerned. Finally, I pointed out that a conflict of the scale of the Heresy may very well keep the other Legiones Astartes too busy to worry re-establish their protocols and tactics to a level that might thwart the Alpha Legion.

If you read that as "can't", period, then I'm sorry but that wasn't my intent. Not only was that my intent, but it's obviously not the intent of Games Workshop and its various entities (Black Library, Forge World, etc.). An example of that would be the explicitly stated qualifier that the "circles of trust" of the Dark Angels' hierarchy ensured they weren't infiltrated by either the Lodges or the Alpha Legion.
post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-04-15, 01:25 PM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

Read the spoilers...

There are quite a lot of plot advancements and details that seem very important to the overall Heresy. I won't get into spoilers, you can check out the details at other sites like B&C.

That actually makes me a little disappointed. I thought they said all the main plot lines would be covered in the core books? Oh well, luckily my interest in the HH has waned a lot in the last year so I'm not too passionate about it. Hopefully in the next few years, this novella becomes part of one of the core anthologies.
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-04-15, 02:26 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Well I've ordered it. This will be the first limited edition I've bought in quite some time. I am cautiously optimistic about it. Now just need to wait for it to arrive.
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-04-15, 06:41 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

It's good. Disappointed that it wasn't longer though. Paying alot for a throwaway short story is one thing but it's very disheartening to pay a lot of money for 120 pages that could/should/would have been a full length novel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode