The Honoured and The Unburdened - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
As someone who has bought every HH LE novella thus far... Things are getting a bit of a joke. I spending so much time saving to buy LE's I can't afford to buy the actual novels in between! And now $90 AUS for less than 400 pages total? I'm paying around 23cents each time I turn a page. WTF?
Then stop. I used to buy every LE novella as well but I stopped when they became a joke. They simply aren't worth the money anymore... i'm not sure they ever were really.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 08:59 PM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Yeah I'm hearing you, but each time I go to stop I hear that little man inside my head say "But you've come this far?". Which is sad, in all honestly I'd rather read my Esienhorn or Ravenor omnibus again for the fourth time than reread my HH LE's.

post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Yeah I'm hearing you, but each time I go to stop I hear that little man inside my head say "But you've come this far?". Which is sad, in all honestly I'd rather read my Esienhorn or Ravenor omnibus again for the fourth time than reread my HH LE's.
I had the same voice, but I smothered it when I saw that I had spent over 300 on LE's, when quite frankly now I wouldn't spent a half of a third of that on the assembled LE's that I have now. They simply aren't worth it. Just think about what else you could do with that money, and then really look at the LE's and ask yourself; do I enjoy these enough to sacrifice the other stuff I could do with that money? For me the answer was HELL NO.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 09:18 PM

True. How long do we wait now to get the LE's in regular hardback? 1 year or 2?

I'm actually saving for a 2nd hand book I've found. Ravenor the Omnibus, hardcover with dust jacket, all near fine condition. $150 with postage. Damn that'd look sweet on my shelf, rare hard to find book.

post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:

I'm actually saving for a 2nd hand book I've found. Ravenor the Omnibus, hardcover with dust jacket, all near fine condition. $150 with postage. Damn that'd look sweet on my shelf, rare hard to find book.
About that yeah. I'd rather just wait the year and get them in a normal novella format, or wait a bit longer and see if they are released in an anthology as Brotherhood of the Storm was.

LotN

post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 10:10 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:

Really? I've never seen one. How's it look and where did you find that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
About that yeah. I'd rather just wait the year and get them in a normal novella format, or wait a bit longer and see if they are released in an anthology as Brotherhood of the Storm was.

LotN
Yup. I bought the Wolf King, simply because I hadn't bought any in a long time, so it didn't bother me so much. But I've just stopped buying the Limited Editions generally. As said, i'll just wait for the regular hardback. Hell I never take them out the dust jackets anyway.

Not to mention the fact that I have fuck all interest in Calth anymore. I'd rather read more of Istvaan than fucking Calth. Know No Fear was so god damned good, Calth was amazing. Now, it's stale beyond repair.
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Really? I've never seen one. How's it look and where did you find that?
L.
I'll tell you after I buy it!

post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 10:53 AM
The Emperor Protects

Ha. Is it just the normal omnibus cover in hardback format? Seen a few of them on waterstones market now that I've looked
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 02:43 PM

Has ADB's Ragnar sold out?

ADB always produces quality but I think even his work isn't enough to justify the LE pricing
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 05:01 PM
The Emperor Protects

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
Has ADB's Ragnar sold out?

ADB always produces quality but I think even his work isn't enough to justify the LE pricing
Aye that sold out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode