The Honoured and The Unburdened - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 07:48 PM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Ah, so not a specific horus heresy themed game.

It's actually a lot of fun. Maybe not HH based, but 30k definitely. If I'm not mistaken the Space Marine units use MkII power armor, so it looks different. As well as the weaponry.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 08:24 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
It's actually a lot of fun. Maybe not HH based, but 30k definitely. If I'm not mistaken the Space Marine units use MkII power armor, so it looks different. As well as the weaponry.
Im not sure which game you are refering to. Is it that Drop Assault game im seeing mentioned for ipads?
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 08:25 PM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Im not sure which game you are refering to. Is it that Drop Assault game im seeing mentioned for ipads?
No, though that's a good game too

I's a physical miniature game just like the tabletop 40k... now I'm pretty sure it's not just a board game. I think it's the same as a the tabletop 40k game, just with 30k era guys and equipment. I will post a link in an edit.

EDIT: For some dumb reason I can't seem to find specific info about it in particular, only the models themselves and rules. Which makes me think it's like a side kind of game from 40k with different models.

Another BIG 40k forum... I won't name it... has an entire area dedicated to the Horus Heresy rules, models, Tactica, ect. Which is where I saw it for the first time.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!

Last edited by Captain_Loken; 09-09-15 at 08:36 PM.

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 11:01 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
No, though that's a good game too

I's a physical miniature game just like the tabletop 40k... now I'm pretty sure it's not just a board game. I think it's the same as a the tabletop 40k game, just with 30k era guys and equipment. I will post a link in an edit.

EDIT: For some dumb reason I can't seem to find specific info about it in particular, only the models themselves and rules. Which makes me think it's like a side kind of game from 40k with different models.

Another BIG 40k forum... I won't name it... has an entire area dedicated to the Horus Heresy rules, models, Tactica, ect. Which is where I saw it for the first time.
Right, you both seem to be getting confused.

Loken. You are talking about the Horus Heresy tabletop game that Forge World produce. It has all of its own miniatures, which can be bought through Forge World. It's based off the Legions, not chapters of course, as well as Mechanicum and Solar Auxillia. Being set in 30k not 40k, the armour and vehicles are all older. There are also rules for the Primarchs. Also has it's own rulebooks, several, all hideously over prices. But then the entire range is becoming hideously overpriced.

Now what Mal310 was talking about, when he said these books are to tie in with the new Heresy models. Is that Games Workshop are also now releasing Horus Heresy models in store and on the website, made from the regular plastic mold instead of Forge Worlds resin. Remember, FW and GW are slightly different, even if technically the same company. These models will be cheaper, but it's rumoured they will be a mini game, more like the assassins box set.

With that said. Let's get back on topic please.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-15, 07:37 PM

As Angel of Blood said.

The new plastic models will be coming in a boxed game from GW. One of the stronger rumours places the boxed game as set during the Calth conflict in the Horus Heresy setting.

Almost all of Black Library's releases now seem to tie in with whatever models they are releasing that month (which I don't like but that's another topic entirely).

Therefore, taking all that into account I would suspect that these two novels may tie into this new boxed game. That's what I was trying to say.
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-15, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Synopsis for The Honoured and The Unburdened have been released;

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Honoured
In the immediate aftermath of the Word Bearers' attack on Calth, survivors from both sides were driven into the subterranean arcology shelters by the tortured Veridian star. While their primarch Roboute Guilliman had planned for many seemingly unthinkable eventualities, the Ultramarines now face a new war in the underworld - could Steloc Aethon, renowned captain of 'the Honoured' 19th Company, be the one to lead them to ultimate victory over the traitors? Perhaps, if he can master his own bitter desire for vengeance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unburdened
Long considering themselves persecuted by the rest of the Imperium, the apostles of the XVIIth Legion have courted sedition, betrayal and even open heresy for decades. But for Kurtha Sedd of the Third Hand Chapter, the Word Bearers' assault on Calth has proven...troubling. Drawn into the haunted shadows of the planet's underworld, the Chaplain and his devout brethren must now put aside all other concerns and continue to wage war against the Ultramarines, no matter the ultimate cost.
So Captain Aethon from Know No Fear and Kurtha Sedd from Censured are returning. Aethon was a bit character so that doesn't interest me so much, but Kurtha Sedd was wonderfully creepy in Kyme's audio-drama, so his inclusion pleases me.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-15, 06:18 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-15, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanswolves View Post
Huh. Now that is a LE that I would actually consider.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-15, 07:48 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Now I know this is purely a tie in with the boxed game...but...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calth.jpg (88.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg calth2.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-15, 08:29 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Huh. Now that is a LE that I would actually consider.

LotN
Just hope they price it right, 40 would be fine, IF the books are the usual 15

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode