Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ragnar Blackmane, written by ADB!

18K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  DelvarusThePitFighter 
#1 ·
Well this one came out of nowhere. 55€, most likely a novella.

ABOUT THIS BOOK
Space Marine Legends: Ragnar Blackmane will be released on Friday the 28th of August. To be among the first to know when it goes on sale, set your reminder now.

THE STORY
Ragnar Blackmane is a legend of the Space Wolves, the youngest warrior ever to rise to command a Great Company. As he battles the forces of Abaddon the Despoiler on the war-ravaged world of Cadia, Ragnar remembers the events that brought him to this place and time, and relates two great sagas from his past, each bringing him into conflict with brother Space Marines from other Chapters, the secretive Dark Angels and savage Flesh Tearers. As these tales influence the events of the present, Ragnar comes to realise that his past actions have consequences...

READ IT BECAUSE
We've seen Ragnar Blackmane as a young Blood Claw before, but this is the first time we get to see him in action in all his Wolf Lord-ly glory! It's a fascinating look at the Space Wolves' relations with other Chapters as well, with both their old rivals, the Dark Angels, and the equally savage and bad-tempered Flesh Tearers turning up.

#4 ·
I need to know the page count. If this is an actual novel, 300-400 pages, then I will get it. It's ADB and Ragnar f**king Blackmane, there's no chance i'd miss that. But if it's a novella, then sorry but no. No more novellas for me.

LotN

#14 ·
Maybe he will just continue writing them since, you know, it‘s possible to write several stories at once.

#13 ·
They'll never get written now. The writing god only gave him the ability to write one book on the Black Library after he sacrificed his son on the altar of a yet-to-be-born deity, despite asking for the ability to write 3.

Fickle fiends. However, they have said that if he has twins and forces them to fight to the death, then he can continue to write the trilogy uninterrupted.

#28 ·
Doesn't matter. Haven't you realized that BL books all talk about the same shit in a different setting?

Herp-a-derp.

Just because I haven't read THOSE books, doesn't mean I don't know what happened.

So here's an idea. Keep your retarded posts to yourself. That will be all.

#29 ·
Just because I haven't read THOSE books, doesn't mean I don't know what happened.
Actually, in this case, it does. It's quite apparent you haven't a clue what really happened, but are either too stupid or too stubborn, or both, to admit it. Those books are the best and only true source of what happened to the TS, and how they got to where they ended up.

Oh well. Maybe in future you will think twice before entering a debate on a subject that you don't know a whole lot about. Try reading something other than Lexicanum.

#38 ·
It's sixty five bucks. How are they going to dangle an ADB book over our heads like that? It's ADB, you want to support the man and his work, but it's also sixty five bucks... which isn't that much...but still sixty five? Are they just testing our breaking point? It's a book ffs.

...the conflict is real :(

#39 ·
Infractions have now been handed out by some of the staff.

Let this be a first and final warning from me to anybody that decides to stir up any more shit.

#42 ·
They will. It will be released in every format, eventually. The question is, how long are you willing to wait?

Me, personally? I don't want to spend $65 on a novel that will, judging by the promotional art, be about 60% the size of one of A D-B's earlier novels. That having been said, I'm very picky when it comes to the quality of what I read, and I consider him to be at the top of what Black Library has to offer. I may buy this if for no other reason than to vote with my wallet and, hopefully, entice Black Library to exert as much pressure as they can to get him to write more... and faster.

:wink:

#46 ·
Not a hobby, but just one avenue of work. I'm freelance, with three regular employers, and sometimes I work for one of them so much I'm putting in double full-time hours, other times I work fewer hours for all three at once, and sometimes I take a break from one of them for a longish while because it doesn't suit me, but pop back to do the odd thing here or there to keep the avenue open and because I like the work, even if I like the other work more.
I imagine the careers of these chaps are pretty much the same.

Anyway, I was never going to be to spending 40 quid on a BL novel anyway, but for 176 pages? Yeah right.
This artificial scarcity, abuse the target-market thing has gotten to genuinely funny levels now. This book can be magnetically sealed, guys! Now you want it, right?!
I look forward to the return of food colouring sealed into plastic to look like blood, and little dinky padlocks, and faction charms on wee chains and embossed holofoil covers oh wait that was comics.

#47 ·
176 pages... for £40. Are they drunk?? They must be to think that this will be an item that everybody wants to have. I wouldn't buy this even if it was about Talos and First Claw.

LotN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.