New space wolf story subscription - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-15, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
*slams head against desk*
The last I read from him was Malodrax, I found it quite engaging. He is really good at portraying the twisted wrongness of chaos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-15, 10:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not so much he gets Chaos, just that he writes whatever and it somehow fits Chaos, in the same way that Infinite Monkeys at Typewriters can produce the complete works of Charles Dickins.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 08:15 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's not so much he gets Chaos, just that he writes whatever and it somehow fits Chaos, in the same way that Infinite Monkeys at Typewriters can produce the complete works of Charles Dickins.
so there is hope that Nick will actually write something good (bad joke, sorry) ?

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemelke View Post
so there is hope that Nick will actually write something good (bad joke, sorry) ?
Look up http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-he...eon-ebook.html It was actually one of Kyme's better stories.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 10:56 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
The last I read from him was Malodrax, I found it quite engaging. He is really good at portraying the twisted wrongness of chaos.
I'm not saying he's bad. Just that if, say, I dunk a mop in a bucket of pig fat and then stick the mop up my arse and set myself to writing a first draft with it whilst riding a rollercoaster , I could possibly turn out something of similar quality to some of the offerings I've read......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-15, 03:05 AM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhamme...scription.html

Seems Black library has started a new and interesting sounding space wolves story:

A Great Hunt is over and the Space Wolves gather in the Fang to celebrate their victories and tell tall tales of their exploits. But one company has failed to return: that of the Great Wolf, Logan Grimnar. News of his death sends the Chapter on the hunt for the truth, with Ulrik the Slayer at their head. As they fight their way across the galaxy in search of their lord, the Space Wolves find a threat to the future of the Chapter itself.

From the first story Feast of Lies
After a Great Hunt, the Space Wolves return to the Fang to regale each other with tales of their glory. Only Logan Grimnar is absent. When a native tribesman speaks up in his stead and tells of how the Great Wolf has discovered the dead body of Leman Russ, there is uproar. Do they dare believe this vile rumour, what is the fate of Logan Grimnar and why has he not returned? As a quest is begun to find their missing lord, it falls to Ulrik the Slayer and Krom Dragonsgaze to discern the truth amidst the feast of lies.

-----------

Since the subscription with 8 stories is billed at 19.99 euro, I do hope it contains far more voluminous contents as the first story is billed as an e-short. They are barely a few pages.

Very anxious for this to come out. I haven't been a huge SM fan, but I started out with Space Wolves and adore their story.

This will be great! I hope Jeff Grubb or Dan Abnett writes this!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-15, 01:04 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
This will be great! I hope Jeff Grubb or Dan Abnett writes this!
As mentioned in the previous posts, it's Ben Counter.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-15, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Decided to bite. Feast of lies is clearly mislabeled as an e-short, its the same lenght as other ebooks for that cost.

I found it a well written tale, giving a new sight into the space wolf culture that Ive not seen before. And I certainly did not expect to see that being involved in it.

But given a specific character appearing, it has taken a lot of the impact out of the tale, once you realize it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode