A word or two about Dan Abnett... - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-14-15, 12:51 AM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Could be jealousy, or worse... hubris.

I could see Guilliman thinking his ideology to be perfect and right for all mankind... After all, he almost went to war with what the series describes as the most honest of the Primarchs... Dorn.

When an individual is set in believing his doctrine, ideology, etc... are the best... When that individual "knows" they are the best, they will stop at nothing to enforce it upon everyone else. The Emperor of mankind did this mind you.
Good points.

I personally believe guilliman to be the best leader(even above the emperor). He has all the qualities imo. He cares for his sons, can surely build an empire, and in general cares for the well being of humans. Him being the only primarch to have an actual family makes himself very human

Today, I march for Calth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-14-15, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
Good points.

I personally believe guilliman to be the best leader(even above the emperor). He has all the qualities imo. He cares for his sons, can surely build an empire, and in general cares for the well being of humans. Him being the only primarch to have an actual family makes himself very human
I tend to agree with your POV.

IMHO, I think the emperor choosed Horus as Warmaster because Horus was truly competent, but also because he knew Horus would be hurt a lot if he didn't choose the Lunar Wolves's primarch.

Alas, by that time, he had already stomped the ego and the feelings of Lorgar...
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-14-15, 05:05 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom wolf View Post
I tend to agree with your POV.

IMHO, I think the emperor choosed Horus as Warmaster because Horus was truly competent, but also because he knew Horus would be hurt a lot if he didn't choose the Lunar Wolves's primarch.

Alas, by that time, he had already stomped the ego and the feelings of Lorgar...
It is mentioned in Know no fear that it was only ever between guilliman and horus for warmaster, but Guilliman already had his own empire to look after. He had already evolved beyond warmaster.

Today, I march for Calth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode