A word or two about Dan Abnett... - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 08:43 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
And yet he felt the need to bring his entire legion to face down Lorgar and his 50,000 sons. If he didn't think there might be a need to have them there, why not just turn up with his personal retinue, or whatever contingent would normally be on his flag ship? No, he felt that he had to out number the WBs, just in case.

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear that this is a major plot hole left by Abnett. Going on previous work it's blatantly obvious that he had planned for facing off against the WBs. It's a similar fuck up to McNeil's timeline mistake in TOD. Saying that the idea would be so absurd that a master strategist like Girlyman wouldn't ever contemplate formulating a plan for it is just plain stupid.
You do know the whole Calth thing was set up by horus. Horus odered Guilliman to have his legion at Calth. So, no Guilliman didnt feel the need to have his whole legion there.

Today, I march for Calth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 08:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
You do know the whole Calth thing was set up by horus. Horus odered Guilliman to have his legion at Calth. So, no Guilliman didnt feel the need to have his whole legion there.
I'm not talking about Calth. I'm talking about Monarchia.
post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about Calth. I'm talking about Monarchia.
Oh. Well in that regard he was still ordered by the emperor to do it.

Today, I march for Calth

post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 09:18 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Oh. Well in that regard he was still ordered by the emperor to do it.
Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall. Whether or not the Emperor ordered him to do it, whether or not the idea was absurd and almost treasonous to him, do you really think he'd go in there without a plan for taking on Lorgar and 50,000 SMs? If you choose to believe that, you really haven't any sort of clue about the nature of the Primarch and Legion that you fanboy to death in every thread.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 09:34 PM

Quote:
And yet he felt the need to bring his entire legion to face down Lorgar and his 50,000 sons. If he didn't think there might be a need to have them there, why not just turn up with his personal retinue, or whatever contingent would normally be on his flag ship? No, he felt that he had to out number the WBs, just in case.

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear that this is a major plot hole left by Abnett. Going on previous work it's blatantly obvious that he had planned for facing off against the WBs. It's a similar fuck up to McNeil's timeline mistake in TOD. Saying that the idea would be so absurd that a master strategist like Girlyman wouldn't ever contemplate formulating a plan for it is just plain stupid.
Quote:
Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall. Whether or not the Emperor ordered him to do it, whether or not the idea was absurd and almost treasonous to him, do you really think he'd go in there without a plan for taking on Lorgar and 50,000 SMs? If you choose to believe that, you really haven't any sort of clue about the nature of the Primarch and Legion that you fanboy to death in every thread.
You do realise the emperor ORDERED guilliman to send his WHOLE legion to burn monarchia to demonstrate to lorgar what real astartes look like right? Holy fug mate. Was guilliman preparing for a fight? Who the hell knows

Today, I march for Calth
post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 09:54 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
You do realise the emperor ORDERED guilliman to send his WHOLE legion to burn monarchia to demonstrate to lorgar what real astartes look like right? Holy fug mate. Was guilliman preparing for a fight? Who the hell knows
Garviel's right guys.

Guilliman was only ordered to burn it to the ground, so there's no reason whatsoever as to why he'd expect to have a fight.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Garviel's right guys.

Guilliman was only ordered to burn it to the ground, so there's no reason whatsoever as to why he'd expect to have a fight.
And then lorgar, that foolosh bastard, had to kneel to guilliman and the emperor.

And it's not like guilliman couldn't be expecting lorgar to be a bit feisty, but I don't think it permits him creating theoreticals on fighting other astartes, especially after lorgar was compliant

Today, I march for Calth
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 10:40 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
there's no reason whatsoever as to why he'd expect to have a fight.
He might not expect it, but he certainly would have been prepared for it.

"Right lads, we're gonna go in here, level one of Lorgar's greatest works, embarrass and prostrate him in front of his legion, and I'm pretty sure he won't lift a hand against us. Not sure about Malcador though. He might get it." Sorry, doesn't work for me. By his very nature he'd have come up with several plans to counter any action Lorgar might take within seconds of being given his orders. He wouldn't be able to stop himself. Things like that are at the very core of his being.
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 10:49 PM

Quote:
He might not expect it, but he certainly would have been prepared for it.

"Right lads, we're gonna go in here, level one of Lorgar's greatest works, embarrass and prostrate him in front of his legion, and I'm pretty sure he won't lift a hand against us. Not sure about Malcador though. He might get it." Sorry, doesn't work for me. By his very nature he'd have come up with several plans to counter any action Lorgar might take within seconds of being given his orders. He wouldn't be able to stop himself. Things like that are at the very core of his being.
And I agree to An extent. Lorgar is a loose cannon and guilliman may have been cautious, but I still don't think merits guilliman creating theoreticals on how to fight astartes. Yes this may be naive on GUILLIMANS part

Today, I march for Calth
post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 11:19 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

But why would guilliman have prepared to fight though? He was only going to burn down the largest jewel in the Word Bearers crown of the most jealous and zealous of his brothers.

There is no rhyme or reason as to why he'd have thought that the Word Bearers would have attacked, because they're weak and slow and the worst astartes ever.

I'm embarrassed I'm having to be this overly obviously sarcastic too.

Fuck sake, it's less like arguing with a Brick wall, Brick walls at least have a purpose in life.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode