Deathfire - Horus Heresy 32 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:27 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

The flying fuck is this shit? :D
It's almost like the good old days are back again.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:30 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Are you fucking serious? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha.

mate, you should have got here back in the days. Oh shit. You'd have loved Stella. Now that was a right cunt. You'd have got on well. Don't suppose you remember Jez either? Don't know if he's still preaching his "namaste" bollocks when he was all about getting the site some extra revenue by bringing in newbies, but spout some shite about how we must all play nice and try to be the little spoon or some other corporate white paper-bullshit-because-Nancy-the-intern-got-fingered-in-the-copier-room-now-we've-got-a-lawsuit type thinking, and he'd wear your rectum like a fucking neckwarmer.

No seriously. Pull on your big boy panties, go to stores and find yourself a pair of adult male shoulders and swallow a few man the fuck up pills, because here is a harsh truth.

This site is and was the site, created by, and run by people, and made and populated by people who were sick of the constant shit on warseer, the heavy handed modding of dakka, and the hypocrisy/moronism of B+C, it became quite well.

Hence, I come in. A spade is a fucking spade, and I will beat people with it if they do shit bad. I am the fucking Sword of Damocles, if you will.

Now, we've got to put up with snivelling little bitches who don't like how their favourite authors get trashed in the dirt.

I'm sure Nick Kyme doesn't care, it's probably water off a ducks back to him to see some random guy on a random website complain about how shit he is. He's the fucker on ~50grand a year to grow a neckbeard and play pew pew games with little toy dolls reading about them and running scripts through Spelling and Grammar on Microsoft Word.

If he does go home and cut himself because of what I say, or go for long walks to the end of the pier, then I'm actually deeply sorry. But at the same time, he should fucking stop writing.

And then there's you. Crying about it. Getting offended on his behalf. Fuck sake.

I know you're Canadian, and everything, but have you ever done anything manly in your entire life, like felt your voice drop a couple of octaves, or pulled your first face pube out accidentally that you were so proud of?

Christ almighty.
Being an asshole must be an english thing i guess. Here in Canada we are taught things a bit differently. Being a man isnt about bitching a moaning whenever you feel like it, or being a keyboard warrior, being a man is knowing when to shut the fuck up and respecting someone else's work.

And then theres the golden rule.

Today, I march for Calth
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:37 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

i dunno, you were doing a pretty good job of being an asshole when commenting on my writing ability. Maybe I misheard you though, hard to hear from our pit as you tower above on that mightily tall horse of yours.

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:38 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
The flying fuck is this shit? :D
It's almost like the good old days are back again.
And as for you, go back to hunting your fucking whale!
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:47 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And as for you, go back to hunting your fucking whale!
Ain't nobody tells Ahab when it's Moby-dick'in time besides Ahab.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 10:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
Being an asshole must be an english thing i guess. Here in Canada we are taught things a bit differently. Being a man isnt about bitching a moaning whenever you feel like it, or being a keyboard warrior, being a man is knowing when to shut the fuck up and respecting someone else's work.

And then theres the golden rule.
Respect what? I don't fucking go around worshipping horses because they at least are able to turn an unuseable product into manure. Kyme just wastes paper.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 11:24 PM

I love you guys.

Today, I march for Calth
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 10:18 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Oh dear what this thread went all over the place!

Nick Kyme is awful at writing most of his stories. He has had a few exceptions. For instance I enjoyed his SMB, Perfection, Censure was decent and actually did quite a good job on his EC-shorts he recently wrote. A better job at character-development than McNeill did in Angel Exterminatus (and I loved his early EC-work), but that isn't saying much with that novel being shite. But his Salamanders-stories so far has been so bad that me as a Swedish guy could even write better than he did, and English isn't even my first language.

But with that said, and I always want to point out is that he seems like a nice guy, so I have nothing personal against him as a person. His writing is just below what I'm looking for.
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 05:18 PM

As for the title, as silly as it is, isnt there a "Mount deathfire" on nocturne?

Today, I march for Calth
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 07:49 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

There is.

So many things have been retconned or changed in the last two decades and change that this setting has been around for... but for some reason certain names have proven immune to any sort of common sense.

Any name that is formed from two nouns smashed together is already facing an uphill battle to not sound ridiculous. "Deathfire" is just idiotic. It's right up there with the attempt to say that Lion El'Jonson, a name that served as a tribute to the poet Lionel Johnson (who wrote the poem "Dark Angel"), really means "The Lion, the Son of the Forest". I mean, I'm sure there's also a Calibanite out there whose last name is El'Peterson, which means "the Son of the Mountain" or whatever, right?

Jesus, just do away with those names. Change them. Pretend they never existed. Whatever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode