Are there any major / extremely good BL books that I don't have? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Robwar's Flag is: Switzerland

Default Are there any major / extremely good BL books that I don't have?

I hope this doesn't seem like a selfish request but I live in a country lacking any GW Shops / English book shops and so I get all my books either online or I buy them when I'm in England. The problem being that I sometimes miss major BL releases and discover them only years later (I finished Dan Abnett - Salvations Reach yesterday but am actually a huge Gaunt's Ghosts fan... I just missed the book completely )

So here's my book collection, are some your guys must reads / favorite books missing here? My preferences are Imperial Guard and Inquisitor stories but I basically read any good books. Just trying to get some new books since I don't have anything to read currently.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 10:38 AM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

The space wolves books by William king, only read the first 3 books so far, but id recommend them
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 10:39 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I don't see any of Chris Wraight's SW novels in there. Battle for the Fang is one of the few good SM Battles novels, and Blood of Asaheim and Stormcaller, while containing a few blatant fluff fuck ups, are very good.

I also didn't notice John French's two Ahriman novels. Great books.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 11:31 AM
Sev
Sev's Flag is: Germany

The Talon of Horus!

If you liked Priests of Mars you should continue with Lords of Mars and Gods of Mars. I have not read the last book myself yet (waiting for the paperback), but I think people really liked it.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 11:43 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I can only comment on books concerning Chaos, But I agree with @Khorne's Fist that the Ahriman books are really good. Highly recommended.

Beyond that I would look into the Wordbearers Trilogy which I didn't spot. They are excellent books as well.

And lastly, while I'm still reading it currently myself, @Sev is right about Talon of Horus. It's SERIOUSLY good so far
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 11:58 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Missing the Talon of Horus?? I would say it is a must read for any BL fan now.

The rest of the Gaunts Ghosts novels, you seem to be missing The Saint omnibus, which is odd, as you have The Lost. Have you lost it, or at least read the four novels contained with The Saint arc? Otherwise that would be very confusing. Also Salvations Reach, which comes after Blood Pact.

I quite liked the Sundering triology from the Time Of Legends series. Malekith, Shadow King and Caledor.

Battle of the Fang has been mentioned, as has Ahriman.

Titanicus, is also quite a good read, you seem to like Abnett, so would enjoy it no doubt.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 04:28 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

I dont see the recent dark eldar trillogy. Its really one of the top warhammer 40k reads, bringing the druchii to cruel and macable life.

Path of the Renegade, Incubus and Archon.

Edit: Its out in an omnibus with related shorts.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 05:28 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fire Caste by Peter Fehevari. THE very best Imperial Guard story, better than Gaunt, better than Cain.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-15, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Robwar's Flag is: Switzerland

Thanks a lot for the many replies guys! I'll definitely be checking out these books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Missing the Talon of Horus?? I would say it is a must read for any BL fan now.

The rest of the Gaunts Ghosts novels, you seem to be missing The Saint omnibus, which is odd, as you have The Lost. Have you lost it, or at least read the four novels contained with The Saint arc? Otherwise that would be very confusing. Also Salvations Reach, which comes after Blood Pact.

I quite liked the Sundering triology from the Time Of Legends series. Malekith, Shadow King and Caledor.

Battle of the Fang has been mentioned, as has Ahriman.

Titanicus, is also quite a good read, you seem to like Abnett, so would enjoy it no doubt.
I was reading Salvations Reach at the time of the pic and the Saint omnibus is lying around somewhere in my house :p
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-15, 02:04 PM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would definitely recommend Battle of the Fang aswell. Also Emporers Gift and the Night Lords Trilogy by ADB are awesome books!

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode