Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Lemartes: Guardian of the Lost

5K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Brother Lucian 
#1 ·
So with the deadline approaching, who here has completed the service stud challenge and earned themselves a copy of Lemartes: Guardian of the Lost, and what purchases did you make to earn a copy??

I earned my sixth stud today, these were my purchases in the challenge;

G&F Kinslayer and Rebirth: First Edition (1st)
The Fall of Altdorf, Wolf Hunt (CD) and Sagas of the Wolf (CD) (2nd)
The Lord of the End Times, Knights of the Imperium and Heart of Rage (CD) (3rd)
G&F Slayer, The Shape of the Hunt (CD) and Masque of Vyle (4th)
Adeptus Mechanicus: Skitarius (5th)
Archaon: Lord of Chaos, Kharn: Eater of Worlds and Howl of the Banshee/The Path Forsaken (6th)

So in the end I have not bought anything that I wouldn't have bought eventually, apart from maybe Sagas of the Wolf and (though only after listening to it) The Shape of the Hunt which was rather poor. But that's a moot point now, Lemartes will be shipped out next week and I am quite looking forward to reading it. That said though, if this thing turns out to be a novella that has been improperly labelled as a novel (like Tallarn: Ironclad) I will be livid.

LotN

See less See more
#36 · (Edited)
Finished it, found it an enjoyable read that goes deeper into the character of the blood angels. Lemartes is really an unique character!

Tbh I think it was worth it after all, even if the book wasnt as large as I had liked it to be for the effort.

The book is a direct continuation of the plot that Mephiston continued from a short.

#38 · (Edited)
Theres a booklet with 2 shorts 23 and 24 pages

The Endless Fall is a precursor to Lemartes and should be read first. Ghosts of Rage is an epilogue and clearly setting off for more books to come.

Edit:
the 2 shorts here is entirely new. But the short I was refering to, was a precursor to mephiston, lord of death. Which Lemartes continues from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.