Second Half 2015 Releases - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Second Half 2015 Releases

Credit for these finds goes to Death Nikorps, the man whose doing what Black Library should be doing and keeping us all informed. Thanks Nikorps;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Nikorps
Hi everyone,

I found some new release dates for upcoming books and posted it on Twitter a few days ago:

- Ahriman: Unchanged by John French - Trade-Paperback - December 2015/ January 2016

- Silver Skulls: Portents by Sarah Cawkwell - Trade-Paperback (paper edition !) - November/December 2015

- Sanctus Reach by Ben Counter and Guy Haley - Omnibus - November/December 2015 - Evil Sun Rising & Blood on the Mountain in a Space Marine Battles omnibus

- Deathfire by Nick Kyme - Trade-Paperback - October/Novembrer 2015 - So the Hardback edition in July/August (Kyme said this summer)

- Macragge's Honour by Dan Abnett & Neil Roberts - Hardback - October/November 2015 - Not limited edition !

- Grey Knights: Sons of Titan de David Annandale - Hardback - September/October 2015 - I talked with him and he said this is an anthology of his GK stories (Maledictus, audios, short stories + a new story)

And the last one, very strange:

- I Am Slaughter by Dan Abnett - Hardback - December 2015/January 2016 - I have NO IDEA of what this is. Here screens from Amazon.fr and Amazon.de:

[centre][/centre]

You see, it's Games Workshop. But what ? Amazon error or reality ? What do you think ?

And some reprint:

- Courage and Honour & The Killing Ground by McNeill

- The Guns of Tanith & Honour Guard by Abnett

- Daemon World by Counter

So in this year we can expect the third Ahriman novel, a new Silver Skulls novel from Pyroriffic, an omnibus containing all the Sanctus Reach novellas/shorts/audios that were released last year, another omnibus containing all the Grey Knights stuff that David Annandale has done so far and some new stuff, a new Salamanders Horus Heresy novel from Nick Kyme (Let the hating begin), a non-LE reprint of the fantastic Macragge's Honour graphic novel, and a new hardback from Dan Abnett that sounds absolutely brilliant. And reprints of the fourth and fifth Ultramarines novels, two more Gaunt's Ghosts reprints and a reprint of the absolutely brilliant stand-alone novel Daemon World. (I don't normally buy reprints of novels I already have but Daemon World may be the exception.)

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 09:19 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Please, please, pleeeeeeeease BL. Let someone else have a crack at the damn Salamanders!!!!!! Deathfire?! Really? What's the blurb below the title gonna be for this one "Into the flames" "The flaming anvil" "The hammer of flame"
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Please, please, pleeeeeeeease BL. Let someone else have a crack at the damn Salamanders!!!!!! Deathfire?! Really? What's the blurb below the title gonna be for this one "Into the flames" "The flaming anvil" "The hammer of flame"
You're being sarcastic, I know, but actually "Into the Flames" might actually be fitting considering the cover;

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 10:02 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

DeathFire - "Upon the flaming hammer of the anvil of flames"
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 11:05 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
DeathFire - "Upon the flaming hammer of the anvil of flames in the fiery forge of flames"
Fixed that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 03:56 PM
The Emperor Protects

/Vulkan Lives

WE GET IT!!!! Salamanders like fucking fire. I'm imagining Kyme coming up with titles for other novels.

Scars, becomes - Fast Scars 'Upon bikes we whoop'
A Thousand Sons, becomes- Magic and Knowledge 'Abracadabra'
Legion, becomes - Spies within Spies 'A web of lies and scales'
Betrayer - Eater of Worlds 'Blood for the blood god'

And so on and so forth. Just take any Heresy title, break it down into the most unsubtle of Legion stereotypes and add a stupid blurb that further exaggerated stereotype. And there you have Kyme. His characters are similarly as easy to name. Wolfsbane McWolfson, Irondrak Anvilson, Ceaser Ultimus, Vlad Von Angeles, Spymaster Spyman.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Betrayer - Eater of Worlds 'Blood for the blood god'
Which is actually the title of Anthony Reynolds' Kharn novel. Heh.

Ok, rather than discussing the name choice for Kyme's next HH novel, let's discuss what else is up there. Does anyone have any theories on what I am Slaughter by Dan Abnett could be about?? I think it could be a novel about the World Eaters or some other Khornate group, from the look of the title it's definitely going to be about Chaos and the Blood God.

LotN

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 04:19 PM
The Emperor Protects

No clue, but I'm certainly interested. When is Warmaster, coming then? Thought I read somewhere it was this year.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-15, 05:50 PM

Angel of Blood - Have you seen Abnett's writing schedule for 2/3 of 2015 - if he will write several pages of anything Gaunt Ghosts or Inquisitor related i would be pleasantly surprised.
I already consigned to not reading 'Warmaster' anytime soon
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 02:36 AM
Craw-Daddy

Nick Kyme owning this legion seems a little weird. We know that certain authors have favorites but its really dragging.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode