Where's the follow up to Dan Abnett's 'Pariah'? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-07-15, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Eisenhorn and Ravenor are what I go back to when I get burned out reading Hours Heresy that reads like a teen fiction novel. I've read both trilogies three times now, and I'll probably go back for a fourth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-07-15, 11:15 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Yeah I've read them both multiple times. Same for the Night Lords trilogy and Gaunts Ghosts
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 03:00 PM

The delay to Penitent (and the Gaunts Ghosts books) has been hard for a fan like me. Damn I want my fix and know how these stories are going to pan out!

I too have read that someone spoke to Dan Abnett at the BL weekender last year and he said he was focused on delivering both GG books and the HH book Dreadwing as his next BL work.

However, on top of that he picked up the very lucrative work for Marvel (he is an author for hire after all) on Guardians of the Galaxy and this threw out all schedules.

Personally I think it is that plus the fact that some other BL authors are also getting success in other non BL franchises that has caused there to be a gap in new novels for HH being plugged with anthologies.

I speculate that the change in BL publishing formats for HH has potentially had an impact on volume sales which will mean smaller royalties for authors. Yes they earn more money from a hardback but if the only place to buy the hardback is direct from BL or GW then as an author your exposure will drop and you won't be scoring any more New York Times Best Sellers!

Anyway back on topic...personally I wish we could chain Abnett to a BL desk and only ever write the stories I want and love ggrrrrrrr

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 05:20 AM

I think it's case of Dan being occupied with other projects.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Penitent won't be released anytime soon. I don't remember where I read it, but I think Abnett wants to focus on finishing the next 2 Gaunt books and his HH Dark Angels book first.
Whaaaaat a Dark Angels book by Abbnet, how did i miss that? What's the name? When its coming out? What's it about?
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Whaaaaat a Dark Angels book by Abbnet
Ohhh yeah, can't wait for that. I've actually enjoyed all Abnett's work in the HH so far. Unremembered Empire and all!

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 08:48 PM

Aa i mentioned in my interview from weekender- Warmaster would be late 2015 - early 2016 release, if we a lucky.
'Penitent' fans - 2017 is your year
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-10-15, 12:19 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Dan, Dan the writing man

Pariah is still on the to-read pile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-15, 01:31 AM

Scrad's Flag is: Australia

It's been that long that I need to reread it prior to any new release. That being said, if it's to spend time on Gaunt's novels then this is entirely ok. Looking forward to it clearing a lot of things up from the first novel.

Plus I've never written a book so take as long as you need to make a good novel please Mr Abnett.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-10-16, 11:29 AM

I saw a Masters of the Universe collection at B&N last night. I don't remember who the general idea was by, but the scripting was done by Abnett. I was like, "He-Man is the reason we don't have Penitent?!?!??" Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode