So whose read The Seventh Serpent? (spoilers) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 12:40 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
By the way, for anyone that needs reminding of the plot I found this post in another thread here. It's a really good summary of the entire story

This guy also talks about the dead body thing.

edit: I see Words of Truth is already here. Great summary, thanks!

Hydra Dominatus.
np Apologies for the bad grammar though I wrote it really quick before I had to go out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

So no one else gets the Iron Hands corpse. Reassuring.....

I didn't mind the story. But the twist was still very obvious from the outset, them killing loyalists in the end would have been less obvious if McNeill hadn't already done it on Fulgrim.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
So no one else gets the Iron Hands corpse. Reassuring.....

I didn't mind the story. But the twist was still very obvious from the outset, them killing loyalists in the end would have been less obvious if McNeill hadn't already done it on Fulgrim.
I thought the Iron Hands corpse was the real Septus Thoic. When him and Frater were blown out into space, he didn't return to the ship but was instead picked up by Meduson's (Alpharius ship) and that's where the bodies, skin, armour were switched...?

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

No the body is from one of the 'Alpha Legion' crew that they killed in that first boarding action. The only working explanation I have, is that McNeill went with a very long winded, pointless and stupid way to tell us that some Iron Hands turned traitor and joined the Alpha Legion. Which again, is stupid to say at least.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-15, 08:28 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
The only working explanation I have, is that McNeill went with a very long winded, pointless and stupid way to tell us that some Iron Hands turned traitor and joined the Alpha Legion.
Read this last night. My answer to this might be that the body was an IH rescued by the AL on Istvaan, or in the aftermath. That doesn't explain why his original prosthetic was replaced by an apparent kitbash, unless it was damaged beyond repair. Remember, this ship was bound for what turned out to be a loyalist AL installation, on that Alpharius was trying to locate. Odd that even the Primarch didn't know it's location.

There have been hints that the AL have infiltrated other Legions, maybe this guy was formerly embedded in the IHs. There did seem to be a lot of emphasis placed on the complexion of the corpse as well, and the fact that the golden hue to the skin did not fade away after death. Is the skin tone a signature of the AL geneseed? This, juxtaposed with the bionic arm, adds more confusion. That's my musings on it.

On the whole, this was merely an ok story. I got the feeling that we've missed a follow up to Legion. Maybe there is one in the works. They need it, rather than trying to tell their story through half assed cameos in bigger novels.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 06:33 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
On the whole, this was merely an ok story. I got the feeling that we've missed a follow up to Legion. Maybe there is one in the works. They need it, rather than trying to tell their story through half assed cameos in bigger novels.
Let me sing to you the song of my people.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 07:19 PM
Dazed and confused.

Are you trying to prove my point for me? I'm talking about a full on follow up to Legion depicting what now appears to be a full blown inter-legion war.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 07:39 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

I'm agreeing with you... while also pointing out that this is a phenomenon that can come in other shapes and sizes, as well.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 08:27 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
I'm agreeing with you... while also pointing out that this is a phenomenon that can come in other shapes and sizes, as well.
True. I don't think we needed a DA follow up as much as an AL one though. The inner happenings of the DA were the only ones we had any real knowledge of going into this series, and the few shorts we've had have done enough to fill the gaps, especially when you consider how bad those two novels were.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 11:46 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

It's hard to imagine them not doing a proper follow up to Legion given its popularity and the way their story has been leading since Legion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode