Black Library Weekender III - 2014 - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-14, 06:15 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

So; salamanders by Kyme, space marine battles woth 30k window dressing by ananndale, disjointed poorly writted iron hands by french, raven guard by thorpe, dark angels by thorpe, more OTT comic book Thousand Sons by Mcneil, the potential for Swallow to write more blood angel, audio exclusive shit, and cancelled master of mankind.

What a pile of horseshit.

Guy haleys night lords, chris wraight, rob sanders and mechanicum, more white scars. Nice.

End times 3 and 4. Sweet.

Ben counter? Smd. Graham mcneil ultras. Gtf out. More 1st ed bollocks. Fuck right off. Malus darkblade - deathblade. Does this bellend really pull widowmaker? Fuck this shit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-14, 06:27 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Wait, MoM got cancelled? Say it ain't so!
This is the exact line;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Nikorps
- Aaron Dembski-Bowden paused on the HH, he did not want to write it at the moment and therefore abandons his Master of Mankind in favor of The Black Legion (second volume of his series 40k).
So we aren't getting a novel about the Emperor anymore, but it means we are getting a novel about Abaddon and the Black Legion much sooner.

Really unsure how to feel about that.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-14, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Master of Mankind is just delayed, not cancelled. ADB just doesn't want to write about HH right now.

Quote:
The Herald of Sanguinius by Andy Smillie (Blood Angels/Imperium Secundus) (Audio) (Christmas 2015/2016??)
Christmas 2014/15 if I'm right.

Last edited by Death Nikorps; 11-11-14 at 06:48 PM.

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-14, 11:35 PM

Scrad's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Black Templars Series by Guy Haley (Trilogy or Long-running, unknown)
Unsure how I feel about this. I had to stop reading The Eternal Crusader novella - the characters were automatons.
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Nikorps View Post
Master of Mankind is just delayed, not cancelled. ADB just doesn't want to write about HH right now.
This.
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 05:00 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Nikorps View Post
This.
Sweet
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 08:53 AM

The MoM delay in favour of the next BL book is a huge letdown.
At least new End Times books are coming. The series is excellent so far.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 11:49 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

I'd rather the man take the better half of a century with MoM then for him to rush it.

Depicting the Emperor in the manner he deserves will be a massive effort.
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-14-14, 05:18 AM

Reading Talon of Horus right now. Good stuff. Looking forward to Master of Mankind and Nightfall (of all things)

Let me be frank. I don't like Curze and I don't like the Night Lords. I don't dislike them, but nothing about the legion particularly appeals to me. The Blood Angels are one of my favourite legions...and yet, I would rather read a NL novel trilogy by ADB than suffer through a single BA short story by James Swallow. Such is ADB's writing skill compared the bulk of BL authours. RANT OVER
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-14-14, 09:25 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Oh, hey, it's Sharrowkyn - I'm so glad he is making a reappearance. You really can't have too much of an individual who doesn't bring anything to the table in terms of development or depth, but simply happens to be the best at combat and stealth.
You are right, but I do favour this stereotype with no development over the stupid and boring loyalist characters many authors tend to throw out, like Thorpe and Swallow.
Quote:
1. More Lion El'Jonson* by Abnett? Yes please.

2. Alpha Legion versus Shattered Legions? It could be interesting, but it's tough for me to imagine a scenario wherein a Coalition of Legionaries Who Don't Like Each OtherTM are able to compete with a cohesive legion whose calling card is teamwork. But wait, what am I thinking? SHARROWKYN.

3. Angels of Caliban... All I can say is that Gav Thorpe hit most of the right notes with Master of Sanctity, but the audio dramas he's done for the Caliban plot thus far have not impressed me.

4. I'd much rather read The Crimson King instead of Battle for Macragge.
I agree on what you wrote here.
Quote:
5. Based on what little information I've seen (a prequel to Battle of the Fang, which purports to explain why the Space Wolves were so read to go after Magnus) Hunt for Magnus is not going to be my cup of tea. I like Wraight's work, but I'd much rather see him tackle something other than Space Wolves.
I think it actually would be interesting to read about, but thats just me,
Quote:
6. I'm not that jazzed about Sanguinor.

7. As you may have guessed already, I'm not that jazzed about titles that include terms/titles/names like "DEATHSTORM".
Couldn't agree more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode