"H.H. - Child of the Night" E-short by J. French. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 02:41 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

There's already at least one Night Lord loyalist fighting for the Raven Guard in one of the books.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 02:51 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Why? In a Legion with anywhere from 80,000-100,000 members, it's conceivable that not every single one of them is a raging psychopath.

LotN
What about the Word Bearers?

Anyway, you needn't be a raging psychopath, nor a follower of the Imperials. It's very... contrived, is all I can think of to really describe it, and just feels like there's a case for "ooh we must have a "loyalist" traitor. But we've already done that. We've already had the whole loyalist traitor, as that was what set up the scene initially as a result of Garro and the Eisenstein, plus a side show by Tarvitz and Loken.

But do we really need to go through every traitor legions super special snowflake Drizzt do'Urden character who is raging against the machine?

And especially for a legion that was as notorious in its operations even before the coming of Curze to its head? And Curze disowning the legion pretty much after he realised it was as broken as he was as a result of the Nostraman influence and he destroyed his "home" planet.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 04:38 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post

Anyway, you needn't be a raging psychopath, nor a follower of the Imperials. It's very... contrived, is all I can think of to really describe it, and just feels like there's a case for "ooh we must have a "loyalist" traitor. But we've already done that. We've already had the whole loyalist traitor, as that was what set up the scene initially as a result of Garro and the Eisenstein, plus a side show by Tarvitz and Loken.

But do we really need to go through every traitor legions super special snowflake Drizzt do'Urden character who is raging against the machine?

And especially for a legion that was as notorious in its operations even before the coming of Curze to its head? And Curze disowning the legion pretty much after he realised it was as broken as he was as a result of the Nostraman influence and he destroyed his "home" planet.
I think I get where you're coming from. More an issue of us seeing too many loyalist traitors throughout countless stories rather than them being inconceivable in certain Legions?

If that's what you mean, then I would agree. It's kind of been done already. What is more annoying though is:

Aside from that, Fel Zharost being a 'loyalist' is perfectly reasonable. He's not a character who is screaming "For the Emperor!". In fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 05:25 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
There's already at least one Night Lord loyalist fighting for the Raven Guard in one of the books.
No there's not. There is a traitor Raven Guard fighting for the Night Lords however.

Quote:
There has been a loyalist Word Bearer, was part of the Crusader Host on Terra. Makes at least one loyalist from all the traitor legions apart from the Alpha Legion, because who knows what the fuck they are ever up to or where their loyalties lie.

But I do get your point. And again as CotE said, and as I said before. They would be a lot more interesting if they weren't just being thrown away like any run of the mill astartes on retarded missions.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 07:55 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I point you towards all the Terrans that were killed because they wouldn't follow Lorgar. Also in The Purge, a Word Bearer member of the Crusader Host is murdered by Jarulek and Sor Talgron because he refuses to become monsters like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
No there's not. There is a traitor Raven Guard fighting for the Night Lords however.
Actually there is. In Ravenlord during Corax's council note is made of a loyalist Night Lord that has joined Corax's ad-hoc guerrilla force. He only gets one line and doesn't appear again though.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 08:10 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Actually there is. In Ravenlord during Corax's council note is made of a loyalist Night Lord that has joined Corax's ad-hoc guerrilla force. He only gets one line and doesn't appear again though.
I rescind my previous statement. As of yet I still haven't had the motivation to read Ravenlord. Or Damnation of Pythos for that matter.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 09:40 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
Not really. Not any more absurd than loyalist World Eater
The World Eaters were the Warhounds before.

They had some semblance of honor and restraint.

The Night Lords were always rapists and murderers.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 11:58 PM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
The World Eaters were the Warhounds before.

They had some semblance of honor and restraint.

The Night Lords were always rapists and murderers.
No, they were not. Just like every other legion, the first wave of marines was composed from those who were borne on Terra, not on Nostramo. It's later when Night Haunter has joined his Legion the recruits from Nostramo started to come. So by the time the Heresy has started there were plenty of those who probably didn't like what was happing but kept their mouth shut because of the "Esprit de Corps".

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 12:39 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Yes because clearly the Night Lords prior to reuniting with their primarch recruited from Terran children of aristocratic scholars and law-abiding citizens just as the Ultramarines did.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 01:11 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Yeah I think Massacre basically says that the Night Lords always recruited criminals and psychopaths, just ones that were less so than the Nostraman crowd.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode