"Master of the First/The Long Night" Audio Drama Cover! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Default "Master of the First/The Long Night" Audio Drama Cover!

Well the title says most of it all. It's an upcoming double audio, much like The Dark King/The Lightning Tower and Thief of Revelation/Hunter's Moon. Thoughts on it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10615503_793897924001833_6047223089579766392_n.jpg (32.8 KB, 53 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 10:35 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Hate audios, but sounds like it could have some good fluff in there. So, thoughts on who we're looking at there? That's never Curze, and going from that, and the scale, i'd day that isn't the Lion. So Corswain perhaps? Or even Luther somehow? They're the only two who could arguably given the title 'Master of the First' seeing as they are both in control of large elements of the Legion. Still, it sounds like a title for the Lion more than anyone.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 11:42 AM

Valrak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks fantastic, first day buy for me

Chapter Master of Vigilia Mortis

www.battle-brothers.net
------
Project: Thinking of creating HH 1st Company Imperial Fist Templars

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 12:30 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Hate audios, but sounds like it could have some good fluff in there. So, thoughts on who we're looking at there? That's never Curze, and going from that, and the scale, i'd day that isn't the Lion. So Corswain perhaps? Or even Luther somehow? They're the only two who could arguably given the title 'Master of the First' seeing as they are both in control of large elements of the Legion. Still, it sounds like a title for the Lion more than anyone.
It's probably just a generic DA and NL. There's only one Master of the First.

Then again, just looking at the dagger the NL is holding makes me speculate wildly that it could be one of the splinters of the Athame, so it could be a named NL trying to stick it in the Lion. It just seems too stylised and central to the image for it not to have some significance.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 05:19 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks good. Do we have a release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 07:34 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Looks good. Do we have a release date?
March 2015,but they will probably be released earlier has an MP3 down load.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

I think The Long Night is about Sev being incarcerated onboard the Invicible Reason and talking to a dead warp ghost girl. I also want to think Master of the First is about Luther and the Fallen, but I could be wrong so dont quote me on that one.

Edit: From Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Master-First-Night-Horus-Heresy/dp/1849708630
Quote:
The Dark Angels and the Night Lords fought one another to a bloody stalemate during the Thramas Crusade and, though the Lion eventually claimed victory, it left both Legions scattered and under-strength. Back on Caliban, those Dark Angels loyal to Luther begin to grow impatient for a return to past glories, allowing the corruption at the world's heart to spread. Meanwhile Jago Sevatarion, First Captain of the Night Lords, languishes in a gaol cell in the heart of Ultramar. Far from a spent force, both Legions must consider where their own personal loyalties lie, and what path they will take in the days and months to come.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 08:25 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

How odd.

Quote:
“We are one of the last loyal Legions left at full strength in the Imperium, ...”

Excerpt From: Christian Dunn. “Age of Darkness.” iBooks.
That's Lion El'Jonson speaking, circa "Savage Weapons". What he says makes sense, given the fact that the Night Haunter and the Night Lords weren't so much fighting the Dark Angels over the past 26 months as they were drawing them into a interstellar game of Whack-A-Mole.

A scant time later, the Dark Angels use Tuchulcha to ambush the Night Lords. They destroy roughly thirty percent of their enemies, who in turn scatter to the four corners of the galaxy.

I want to re-emphasize this. It took practically everything going the Dark Angels' way for them to destroy a third of a Legion. Given this, I sincerely hope that the person responsible for the intro descriptions is taking massive liberties. Why? Because the idea that the Dark Angels are somehow all of a sudden understrength completely contradicts the events described in The Lion and the decisions El'Jonson made in that story and in subsequent events. That is, if he's not operating with a roughly full-strength legion, his already bizarre call to let Typhon and a Death Guard fleet go free becomes ridiculous. His notion that he'll be a force to be reckoned with precisely because of the intact state of his legion makes no sense.

Again, I hope I'm overreacting and this is nothing more than a poorly-written blurb. If that's not the case, though, it's going to be rather frustrating going from this point on. Gav Thorpe's been apparently given the helm since The Lion (he also wrote "By the Lion's Hand", in the Imperial Truth anthology), so it's not like it can even be said that different authors went in different directions!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
How odd.

That's Lion El'Jonson speaking, circa "Savage Weapons". What he says makes sense, given the fact that the Night Haunter and the Night Lords weren't so much fighting the Dark Angels over the past 26 months as they were drawing them into a interstellar game of Whack-A-Mole.

A scant time later, the Dark Angels use Tuchulcha to ambush the Night Lords. They destroy roughly thirty percent of their enemies, who in turn scatter to the four corners of the galaxy.

I want to re-emphasize this. It took practically everything going the Dark Angels' way for them to destroy a third of a Legion. Given this, I sincerely hope that the person responsible for the intro descriptions is taking massive liberties. Why? Because the idea that the Dark Angels are somehow all of a sudden understrength completely contradicts the events described in The Lion and the decisions El'Jonson made in that story and in subsequent events. That is, if he's not operating with a roughly full-strength legion, his already bizarre call to let Typhon and a Death Guard fleet go free becomes ridiculous. His notion that he'll be a force to be reckoned with precisely because of the intact state of his legion makes no sense.

Again, I hope I'm overreacting and this is nothing more than a poorly-written blurb. If that's not the case, though, it's going to be rather frustrating going from this point on. Gav Thorpe's been apparently given the helm since The Lion (he also wrote "By the Lion's Hand", in the Imperial Truth anthology), so it's not like it can even be said that different authors went in different directions!
Could also mean that they have the men, but are without weapons and materials to still conduct the war. Or slightly prior to Prince of Crows, that they took a heavier blow as well when they destroyed 30% of the Night Lords forces.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 07:10 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Sorry, forkmaster, but it's very hard to reconcile your first idea with "full strength".

Where the second idea is concerned... it's never mentioned. And if such a blow was somehow struck, it just robs the impact of the whole Tuchulcha angle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode