"Master of the First/The Long Night" Audio Drama Cover! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Sorry, forkmaster, but it's very hard to reconcile your first idea with "full strength".

Where the second idea is concerned... it's never mentioned. And if such a blow was somehow struck, it just robs the impact of the whole Tuchulcha angle.
Just wild speculation then on my behalf regarding that. Hopefully it's bad choice of words for the synopsis and nothing that will come up in the actual audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 06:37 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

I hear you. I hope I didn't come off too over-the-top with my last response!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 07:23 PM

Aarrrrgggh who the bloody hell let Gav Thorpe loose on the Dark Angels again? wasn't his first abomination enough to put people off reading him for life? was for me.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 10:29 AM

Actually Thorpe's DA was quite good, and his 'Lion' novella was ok. But the follow up and his second W40K DA book are meh
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 01:14 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I dunno, I don't think I'll ever be forgiving him for killing Nemeil off like he did. Not because I really like Nemeil or anything, just because it was an appaling decision and just plain retarded.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 02:25 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not a Night Lord, it's a Word Bearer, I think - Red Shoulder Pad. The other option for Red Armour is Blood Angel, Thousand Son, or at a push, one of the Vlka Fenryka brotherhoods.

In regards to the "full strength" legion, they were split up, with Corswain taking on Typhon of the Death Guard while the Lion came to Ultramar - as I understood it, on the orders of the Lion himself. With Sevatar in prison on Ultramar (someone completely forgotten about during TUE), it makes sense it's after, but still...

yeh, that's bad writing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 08:55 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's not a Night Lord, it's a Word Bearer, I think - Red Shoulder Pad. The other option for Red Armour is Blood Angel, Thousand Son, or at a push, one of the Vlka Fenryka brotherhoods.
You mean in the picture? No, it's definitely a Night Lord. He has dark blue armour with red on his shoulder pad (eg. like these models).

I've just listened to Master of the First - not bad, not great either though. If anyone wants to know the plot:

Also, just an FYI - there doesn't seem to be any direct link between Master of the First and Long Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 10-24-14 at 08:57 PM.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 11:17 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
You mean in the picture? No, it's definitely a Night Lord. He has dark blue armour with red on his shoulder pad (eg. like these models).

I've just listened to Master of the First - not bad, not great either though. If anyone wants to know the plot:

Also, just an FYI - there doesn't seem to be any direct link between Master of the First and Long Night.
Any chance of the spoilers for the Long Night mate?
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
Actually Thorpe's DA was quite good, and his 'Lion' novella was ok. But the follow up and his second W40K DA book are meh
A two year old with a crayon and the back of a mcdonalds colouring poster could have done a better job. It was, without any contest, the worst thing anyone has written. ever. Forget the storyline, in fact, I have. All I have is the trauma of the worst writing style imaginable. I can still feel the pain in my skull as my brain tried to process what was in front of it. It should be taught in university as an example of what is achievable if you face mash a keyboard long enough and have a tame publisher.

Reading Gav Thorpe is like listening to George Bush Jnr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 06:07 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Thorpe isn't really a bad writer.

His ideas and fluff abuse is what makes his books horrible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode