Tallarn Executioner- A Good Read? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-14, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Tallarn Executioner- A Good Read?

I couldn't find much said about this limited edition novel and wanted to know about how some of the heresy fans thought about it. It was written by John French, and I consider him a potentially great contributor of the Heresy. How was it? What were major contributions from its plot to the rest of the Heresy? And if you could, a synopsis of the story with some detail. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-14, 05:41 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

It felt like reading one third of a novel. And at the end knowing you'll be paying 60 to finish the novel does not make for a good realization.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-14, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
It felt like reading one third of a novel. And at the end knowing you'll be paying 60 to finish the novel does not make for a good realization.

LotN
So from what I've read in some places Tallarn is essentially a weapon stockpile place for the Imperium and the Iron Warriors have come there to destroy it? Is that pretty much it?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-14, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
So from what I've read in some places Tallarn is essentially a weapon stockpile place for the Imperium and the Iron Warriors have come there to destroy it? Is that pretty much it?
In a nutshell yes.
Tallarn: Executioner doesn't have any IW perspective. However, I really liked getting to see IG/Tank crews POV when they try and wage war against the IW.
Pretty much, if you like tank battles, you will probably like the novella. I really liked it.
Though I am hoping they have an actual novel covering it, as opposed to just 3 novellas.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-14, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos View Post
In a nutshell yes.
Tallarn: Executioner doesn't have any IW perspective. However, I really liked getting to see IG/Tank crews POV when they try and wage war against the IW.
Pretty much, if you like tank battles, you will probably like the novella. I really liked it.
Though I am hoping they have an actual novel covering it, as opposed to just 3 novellas.
I supposed thats what surprised me about Angel Exterminatus was the fact it was a completely random story, and I was thinking that the Angel Exterminatus had something to do with a weapon supposedly on the world of Tallarn.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 11:03 AM

It is a fantastic read for everyone who loves tanks, and for the fans of the Hydra
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-14, 09:30 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

It was not badly written, but to be honest I couldn't have cared less about Imperial Army tanks. This got me excited because I thought French would continue to develop Perturabo as brilliant as he did at the end of The Crimson Fist but we dont get any POW of them at all. And also the price for 1/3 of a story that should have been a novel and NOT a novella, it wasn't worth it.

I wanted to support French work since I've started to really like him, and I wanted his signed autograph, but that's it. Wait for the cheaper versions.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Thats too bad. Thanks guys. I didn't want to spend 100 if I didn't have to. But I feel bad for those who bought 4 books and have them up on Ebay trying to sell them.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-14, 07:32 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Thats too bad. Thanks guys. I didn't want to spend 100 if I didn't have to. But I feel bad for those who bought 4 books and have them up on Ebay trying to sell them.
Buying LE stuff and selling them expensive on Ebay is something that isn't profitable anymore considering many fans are sick and tired of LE stuff that aren't worth the money.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode