New Releases Confirmed - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-14, 01:39 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Yeah it feels like a lot of empty air right now. 2011 they're like "We are now entering the Age of Darkness and a lot of cool stuff will happen." and in 2014 they're like "We still don't have a proper story? Well let Thorpe write about the Raven Guard once more until Dan or ADB returns."

They have a lot of interesting stuff to write upon, but it feels like they are focusing on shorts that doesn't develop anything at all, audios that doesn't get you invested and filler-novels. They have how the DG became corrupted and see behind the choices of Mortarion, they have how the BA got back to Terra, what the DA have been doing all this time and a proper appearence of the Fallen. Only The Crimson King that's got me slightly hyped for anything and that's a little. Perhaps they should wrap up the Horus Heresy and focus on the Scouring considering ADB great introduction of ToH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 02:34 AM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
That's as may be, but it will be to the detriment of the series as a whole.

Calth, the ruin storm and it's aftermath removed the smurfs as players from the story line. Imperium Secundus can be dealt with in the inevitable Scouring series when the Heresy is done, but as of now they are surplus to requirements in this series.
I thought the whole" the ultramarines did nothing after calth" got retconned? I get they don't make it to terra, but I really think the writers will make some big changes for the ultras.( and come on...smurfs is hurtful )

Today, I march for Calth

Last edited by Garviel loken.; 09-19-14 at 02:41 AM.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 09:36 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
I thought the whole" the ultramarines did nothing after calth" got retconned? I get they don't make it to terra, but I really think the writers will make some big changes for the ultras.( and come on...smurfs is hurtful )
You're not getting what I'm saying. Whatever the writers make them do, they do not head for Terra and participate in the siege. Therefore, from this point forward, whatever they do is irrelevant to the story line. They can run around chasing the WB for years, but that has no real effect on the Heresy.

We've reached a point where Horus has come into his full powers, and has turned his attention to Terra. Those not involved in this phase of the story are no longer relevant, and anything about them is wasted effort as far as I'm concerned.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 10:42 AM

For the glory of the Chaos Gods the 'Talon of Horus' just arrived for everyone else, who wasn't able to buy First Edition

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhamme...-hardback.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-prod...rus-ebook.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhamme...obook-mp3.html
Cheers
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You're not getting what I'm saying. Whatever the writers make them do, they do not head for Terra and participate in the siege. Therefore, from this point forward, whatever they do is irrelevant to the story line. They can run around chasing the WB for years, but that has no real effect on the Heresy.

We've reached a point where Horus has come into his full powers, and has turned his attention to Terra. Those not involved in this phase of the story are no longer relevant, and anything about them is wasted effort as far as I'm concerned.
No I get that(I said so in previous post) but the story isn't just about the final battle. Yes that is where it ends but it is so much more than that.imperium secundus is the second story line in the series

Today, I march for Calth
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 10:12 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
imperium secundus is the second story line in the series
There's no second story line. The series is called the "Horus Heresy". There is no sub-title "While Guilliman builds an Empire." As I said, it is now an issue for what comes after the Heresy. I'm done arguing the point with you now though.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 12:30 AM

Quote:
There's no second story line. The series is called the "Horus Heresy". There is no sub-title "While Guilliman builds an Empire." As I said, it is now an issue for what comes after the Heresy. I'm done arguing the point with you now though.
I do like what your saying. I want the series to move more towards the final battle and not have novels such as the damnation of pythos. It's just imperium secundus adds something new that wasn't in old lore and I personally am interested in it

Today, I march for Calth
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 03:20 AM
Craw-Daddy

I think the Heresy Series would be more effective writing more novels a year. I think they have enough good authors along with the ones they personally like to do so. This audio and limited novel stuff is more like insects flying around.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 03:41 AM

Stop Making Sense's Flag is: Australia

Just found this whilst browsing: The Eagles Talon / Iron Corpses - The Horus Heresy (Audio CD)

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...pses/10918600/
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 04:38 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
yes it is called Horus Heresy, wich means it can involve just about everything that went on during the Horus Heresy. besides
its quite relevant what happens over there while he prepares to make way to Terra

Last edited by Haskanael; 09-25-14 at 04:43 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode