favourite horus heresy quotes - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Default favourite horus heresy quotes

I thought it may be fun to share some of our favourite horus heresy quotes, lets say our top 3?

mine go:
3:Second, you are no longer any brother of mine. I will find you, i will kill you, i will hurl your toxic corpse into hells mouth.(Guilliman,knf)
2:I was there, the day horus slew the emperor(Loken, horus rising)
1: Today, we march for calth(Remus Ventanus, KNF)
Yes, i love the novel knf....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 01:37 AM
Craw-Daddy

Gosh, I'd have to look back. Straight off my head I like when Sindermann in Horus Rising is giving that lecture and says something in the line of, "we are right because we have might." I thought it was interesting how Imperial Doctrine explained their reasoning for invading other human societies.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 05:56 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers."

Grand Master Khyron, Eighth Brotherhood

The Emperor's Gift

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 07:52 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Straight off my head I like when Sindermann in Horus Rising is giving that lecture and says something in the line of, "we are right because we have might.
If I recall correctly (and it has been YEARS since I read the novel) wasn't his point "We are mighty because we are right."? That was the point.

He labored heavily on the point that might does not make right. That's caveman-level talk.

I liked when Argel Tal apologizing to the Salamander captain right before ordering fire at the Dropsite Massacre.

That entire moment touched me. A seeming moment of brotherhood between the Agrel Tal and the captain...the apology, and then the futile attempt of the Salamanders to strike back. Just the perfect microcosm of the entire Dropsite Massacre. Really wonderful.

Argrel Tal didn't order it with spite. It was regretful. Like slicing off a limb to save someone's life.

Last edited by hailene; 08-29-14 at 07:58 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 08:53 AM

It was a Raven Guard captain - not the Salamander. Anyway - one of the most tragic moments of the book and all HH. First Heretic is still Aaron's best HH book
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 03:25 PM

"Be silent traitorous whore!" When the Custodes confronted the Blessed Lady once they found out about the betrayal. Found that funny, I read these books with my wife and I will randomly interject that into conversations now.

"CREATURE!" Angron's pet name for Argel Tal.

I also liked the end of the conversation that Argel Tal and Kharn had in "Betrayer" when Argel Tal concludes (paraphrasing):

"One thing is for sure, we are wrong in this war"
"How can you say that?"
"Because both sides are wrong".

I also liked in "Fulgrim" when Manus was talking to his first captain about a suitable punishment for an Astartes who failed him.

"I want his head!"
"Perhaps something a bit less severe, maybe we could take his hands?"
"What good is an Astartes with no hands?"
"More good than one without a head".
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 03:31 PM

Valrak's Flag is: United Kingdom

''It's also a hammer".

Loved that bit

Chapter Master of Vigilia Mortis

www.battle-brothers.net
------
Project: Thinking of creating HH 1st Company Imperial Fist Templars

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 05:40 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey72 View Post
"I want his head!"
"Perhaps something a bit less severe, maybe we could take his hands?"
"What good is an Astartes with no hands?"
"More good than one without a head".
I always did like that little part as well.

There really are so many, it would take me ages to pull up all the quotes I loved. The one that always sticks out for me though is:

Quote:
“Then you are welcome on my ship, Iacton Qruze.’
‘And who are you?’ asked Qruze.
‘I am Captain Nathaniel Garro of the Eisenstein.”
The events surrounding the Eisenstein and Garro had always been one of my favorite parts of the Heresy, long before the series was even thought of. So this particular moment will always be beyond epic for me.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 06:00 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
If I recall correctly (and it has been YEARS since I read the novel) wasn't his point "We are mighty because we are right."? That was the point.

He labored heavily on the point that might does not make right. That's caveman-level talk.
It wasn't caveman talk if you look at it from a very developed ideologue. I remember him also referring to a drowning man, and whether one should save him even if the drowning man fights him off. I highly doubt Sindermann was anti-imperial, especially around astartes. The point was that the Imperium was a pure form of human society, without dogmas of silly religions. As such the Imperium was mighty because it was right.

I assume the idea is that because the Imperium's success and development was so high, it gave the Imperium the yolk to save the rest of mankind that were drowning in their own selfish ideology.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 06:18 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
It was a Raven Guard captain - not the Salamander. Anyway - one of the most tragic moments of the book and all HH. First Heretic is still Aaron's best HH book
Disagree on it being his best. Prince of Crows is pretty much the epitome of ADB's writing, with the bleak humour of Sevatar, and almost autistic way the Astartes are with one another. The right combination and ratio of action and dialogue, which was hard to do in a short.

I have two from that book, honestly.

'It was the rats.'

And;

'You'll never guess how I got here'.

By the one and only, Sevatar [/WWE announcer voice]

And because I am an ADB whore, his unedited speech from Kharn in Betrayer

'Salt the fucking earth'. Never understood why they didn't swear more.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 08-29-14 at 06:21 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode