Heresy Series letting us down? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-12-14, 04:56 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

18 shorts??? Just how short are they going to be??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-13-14, 06:35 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
18 shorts??? Just how short are they going to be??
Exactly! And Quality? Thats one thing that vexed me about even thinking about trying to get the last Limited Edition Novela by Anthony Reynolds. I actually do respect that author, however I'm just not sure how significant this stuff is going to be considering they have a track record of putting a lot of mediocre stuff out.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 08:45 PM

2006 had 3 HH novels.
2007 had 3 HH novels.
2008 had 3 HH novels.
2009 had 1 HH novel (and 1 anthology).
2010 had 3 HH novels.
2011 had 2 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
2012 had 3 HH novels (and 2 anthologies).
2013 had 5 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
2014 had 2 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
And because all of those anthologies (and even Scars, which was a novel) are being pre-released as individual audios, novellas, and short stories, we're constantly getting a stream of new HH releases. The end result is that it's impossible to keep up with the series.

I suspect the apparent quality drop is down to the authors themselves getting confused about what's being published by each other.

I mean, the stories we're getting right now are fine, and fleshing out 30K (yes, it's been over eight years since the series began - but hey, A Song of Ice and Fire fans have to wait about that long for a single book to come out). The problem, besides quality (and the only recent HH book I've read that I was disappointed in quality-wise was Unremembered Empire), is simply the management of the series and to an even greater extent the rest of BL, which collapsed in 2012 or so.

Renegades Saga contributions
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...tions-cry.html)
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...s-scarlet.html)
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...lesh-weak.html)
The Emperor has turned to Chaos. The dream of the Imperium has become a nightmare. But Horus and his Coalition stand against the dark, here at the end of time.

Lorgar's Betrayal
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...te-heresy.html)
What was broken has been mended. And what was burned away can never be reforged.

Last edited by VulkansNodosaurus; 10-06-14 at 08:52 PM.

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-07-14, 08:46 AM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulkansNodosaurus View Post
2006 had 3 HH novels.
2007 had 3 HH novels.
2008 had 3 HH novels.
2009 had 1 HH novel (and 1 anthology).
2010 had 3 HH novels.
2011 had 2 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
2012 had 3 HH novels (and 2 anthologies).
2013 had 5 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
2014 had 2 HH novels (and 1 anthology).
And because all of those anthologies (and even Scars, which was a novel) are being pre-released as individual audios, novellas, and short stories, we're constantly getting a stream of new HH releases. The end result is that it's impossible to keep up with the series.
Wow, we got really spoiled in 2013. HH has had a slow year in 2014 with only Vengeful Spirit moving the story along. Damnation wasn't a bad book; it was well-written but totally unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Legacies is probably my least looked forward to anthology yet.

2015 is looking up though. Master of Mankind, Crimson King and possibly that unnamed Death Guard novel. With the DG done, I think pretty much every legion has had a novel dedicated to them. IG hasn't but they will get their moments during the Siege. NL as well...but just read ADB's Night Lord trilogy and that's more than enough. Plus I think ADB said he has a HH NL book coming. (Nightfall?)
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
2015 is looking up though. Master of Mankind, Crimson King and possibly that unnamed Death Guard novel. With the DG done, I think pretty much every legion has had a novel dedicated to them. IG hasn't but they will get their moments during the Siege. NL as well...but just read ADB's Night Lord trilogy and that's more than enough. Plus I think ADB said he has a HH NL book coming. (Nightfall?)
Master of Mankind almost definitely won't be in 2015, since I've not started it yet. I'm not really feeling the urge to write any Heresy stuff at the moment. That could change on a whim, obviously, but it depends on scheduling and inspiration when it comes time to pitch.

And Nightfall is an idea, rather than a scheduled intention - it's a story I'd like to tell, but I'm not in any rush, and when it drops also depends on the series' timeline.

Last edited by Dead.Blue.Clown; 10-08-14 at 06:35 PM.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 01:01 AM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
Master of Mankind almost definitely won't be in 2015, since I've not started it yet. I'm not really feeling the urge to write any Heresy stuff at the moment. That could change on a whim, obviously, but it depends on scheduling and inspiration when it comes time to pitch.

And Nightfall is an idea, rather than a scheduled intention - it's a story I'd like to tell, but I'm not in any rush, and when it drops also depends on the series' timeline.
In regards to master of mankind, will it involve any of the knights errants? I am interested to see where their story goes
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-10-14, 12:04 PM

Quote:

Well - thanks for the heads up Aaron. This means that next year, actually like 2014 will suck in a HH novel range. Again.
It's starts to be disappointing.

And if to count the unknown time of the 'Warmaster' and 'Penitent' releases - it all leads to the conclusion that we will get a whole bunch of reprints

At least, we will save the money then, for the 2016
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Well, that's bad news. HH is doomed, people don't even want to work on it.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-14, 02:40 PM

We might see a shift on the Limited Edition novella front, the last two haven't sold out and are still available on the BL website.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode