Legacies of Betrayal - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.
What happened to McNeill?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.
Your sources are muchos shaky, dude. While everyone's free to write about whatever primarch they want, I don't think Graham's finished with Fulgrim. They've also brought in new authors several times in the last few years (Chris Wraight, Rob Sanders, John French, David Annandale, etc. two of whom now have HH novels released) to cover for the slowness and to give new folks a chance. And Dan had a rough few months three or four years ago, and has been fine since. He's focused on Marvel novels and video games lately, rather than BL, but last time I spoke to him (a few weeks back) he was tapping away on Gaunt's Ghosts again.
post #53 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 10:15 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos View Post
What happened to McNeill?
He went south... Its quite curious how Abnett and ADB are my favorite and probably the favorite of the authors from the series. I remember ADB mentioning how their approach to the Heresy's were quite opposite. It works well though.

If Dan is spending more time with other works, would it be fair to say that ADB, McNeill and Thorpe are really the Heresy team for now?

post #54 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-06-14, 03:06 AM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Your sources are muchos shaky, dude. While everyone's free to write about whatever primarch they want, I don't think Graham's finished with Fulgrim. They've also brought in new authors several times in the last few years (Chris Wraight, Rob Sanders, John French, David Annandale, etc. two of whom now have HH novels released) to cover for the slowness and to give new folks a chance. And Dan had a rough few months three or four years ago, and has been fine since. He's focused on Marvel novels and video games lately, rather than BL, but last time I spoke to him (a few weeks back) he was tapping away on Gaunt's Ghosts again.
Agreed ADB.i think all bl authors are fantastic in there own ways. It's sad dan isn't focusing on the heresy ;) as for you... We'll I have some words for you. AFTER READING BETRAYER I JUST HAD TO SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON MORE FORGEWORLD MODELS BECAUSE I JUST ABSOLUTLY LOVED THE ULTRAMARINES IN IT. Thanks you very much destroyer of wallets.
post #55 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-06-14, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

The proper cover has been released as well;

Let the Galaxy Burn feels appropriate to a villains-only anthology.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #56 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-07-14, 06:00 PM

Quote:
He went south... Its quite curious how Abnett and ADB are my favorite and probably the favorite of the authors from the series. I remember ADB mentioning how their approach to the Heresy's were quite opposite. It works well though.

If Dan is spending more time with other works, would it be fair to say that ADB, McNeill and Thorpe are really the Heresy team for now?
Naw, the team is huge now. It's never been bigger. Rob Sanders is doing stuff, David Annandale just did Pythos, Chris Wraight's doing stuff, etc. etc.

I can see the appeal of doing other things, too. I've got a few more stories I want to tell in the HH over the next couple of years, then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.
post #57 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-07-14, 07:34 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.
And write that Eldar love story at last?
post #58 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-07-14, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Quote:
Then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.
And write that Eldar love story at last?
While an Eldar, or Navigator as I recall it, love story would be cool, frankly i'm much more curious about this; (Specifically what it is.)

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress....12/05/06/1320/

Whatever happened to... whatever that is?

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 07-07-14 at 07:52 PM.
post #59 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 12:26 PM

Dead.Blue.Clown -
Quote:
Naw, the team is huge now. It's never been bigger. Rob Sanders is doing stuff, David Annandale just did Pythos, Chris Wraight's doing stuff, etc. etc.
- Aaron, no grievance intended - but i haven't read a HH full novel from last November (novellas and limited doesn't count). Damnation of Pythos was already read upon HH weekender - and now i can't see a HH full novel in the near future at all. So, I can't say, that we do feel huge team efforts on HH front

Because, what i see again for HH - are limited editions and anthologies (let be realistic - what is 'Legacies of Betrayal' if not an anthology of short stories?). Please don't take that personally. It's just seems, well - as it is.

Lord of the Night -
Quote:

- i concede, i want that too.

Garviel loken.
Quote:
It's sad dan isn't focusing on the heresy ;)
- different people, different opinions. I agree with you on Betrayer - but Dan's Unremembered Empire for me was the worst book in the Heresy so far. But i adorn his Inquisitor and Gaunt Ghosts series
post #60 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
While an Eldar, or Navigator as I recall it, love story would be cool, frankly i'm much more curious about this; (Specifically what it is.)

LotN
That was written on a day when I was trying to kickstart my brain; it's a mishmash of a bunch of ideas I was having at the time. Some of it has gone into the fantasy novel I'm writing in my rare and precious free time, while one of the names (No Foes Remain) has gone into something 40K-related to (I think) be released later this year.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode