Legacies of Betrayal - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 07:55 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Why would two Primarchs be on a cover with first captains? And depicted the furthest away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 08:01 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right.
As always.

Quote:
It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.

LotN
I'd echo the other comments in suggesting most of those characters you suggested are not actually depicted on this artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #43 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

With some I do think it's fairly obvious who they are, for the others well.. here's my train of thought for each one;

Scarface: Pink armour, bald, lots of scars that look very neat, almost self-inflicted. Gotta be Lucius.
Spikehelm: No idea. Likely a generic Son of Horus.
World Eater: His axe holding hand is unarmoured and has chains. No chance that isn't Kharn.
Death Guard: Only two Traitor Death Guard that are at all established in the series thus far, sadly, and those are Typhon and Grulgor. Admittedly no beard means Typhon is unlikely but i'd think that Grulgor, by this phase of the Heresy, would look a helluva lot worse than that.
Thousand Son: Horn helmet. Ankh staff. Cloak. Ahriman being the main TS character in the series. Gonna go with him since Kharn and Lucius are there.
Word Bearer: That, though with subtle differences, is actually how I pictured Argel Tal by the time of The First Heretic. Horned. Crab-claw. Beastial and Daemonic face.
Night Lord: Bat-wing helmet absence lessens likelihood of Sevatar but he has gold on his armour, I don't common legionnaires would have that. So either Sevatar or Sheng. Probably the latter on reflection.
Iron Warrior: No idea really. Forrix was a guess. Could be Kroeger, or Barban Falk.
Alpha Legionnaires: Again Alpharius and Omegon was a guess. Either way though they'd answer to Alpharius. Could be Sheed Ranko or Ingo Pech.
Cypher: Obvious.
Banner-Bearer: Not damaged looking admittedly but Maloghurst is Horus's standard bearer. A possibility at least.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #44 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 09:56 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sheed (or was it Pech?) Was killed at the end of the A-Team mission in the primarchs. Arkhan (of later Vraks fame) was a member of thebteam as well however.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #45 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 10:14 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Death Guard: Only two Traitor Death Guard that are at all established in the series thus far, sadly, and those are Typhon and Grulgor. Admittedly no beard means Typhon is unlikely but i'd think that Grulgor, by this phase of the Heresy, would look a helluva lot worse than that.
Doesn't Typhon wear Cataphractii TDA and carry a power scythe though?
post #46 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 10:22 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

It was Sheed Ranko yes.

Correct for Typhon as well. Terminator armour, scythe, beard or distinctive horned helmet. Though Typhon is the only notable Death Guard it could be, this leads me to think it is just a generic Death Guard. Lucius, Kharn and Cypher are certain. Ahriman is also pretty likely. But all of the others have nothing conclusive, neither do any of them have any of the distinguishing and identifying marks, weapons or armour that the main characters of her respective Legions.
post #47 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-03-14, 12:36 AM

Argel Tal had pretty large wings as well correct? I don't remember any of the Iron warriors "big three" having techmarine servo armsbut I could be wrong.
post #48 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-03-14, 09:29 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am looking forward to this compilation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #49 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-03-14, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
I am looking forward to this compilation though.
As am I, it appears it will be a villainous anthology. So since ADB, Wraight and Thorpe are the writers we can reasonably guess at who they'll be writing;

ADB: Either Sevatar, Kharn or Argel Tal.
Wraight: I'm gonna go with Ahriman, perhaps as part of an Arvida story.
Thorpe: Cypher obviously.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #50 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 06:50 AM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Oh. Well either way I'll not be holding my breath for more Thorpe pish.

Honestly with the Heresy series now, if it isn't ADB, Abnett or Wraight, then I'm not gonna get too excited or keen about the novel.
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode