Atlas Infernal 'spoilers!' - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-14, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Atlas Infernal 'spoilers!'

Just read Atlas Infernal (Rob Sanders), and I'm struggling to make sense of it; if somebody could explain I would be most greatful.
So 'spolier alert'
- The Atlas Infernal is pretty much a map of the webway, but is printed on silent sisterhood skin so is the bane of psykers (shown when Czevak melts the Eldars faces with it on several occasions, as well as Grey Knights)
- Ahriman is a psyker, and has been hunting down Czevak and the Atlas the entire book.
- If Ahriman were to get it hold of it, wouldn't it melt his face too? Seeming as how it's printed on psyker kryponite and all.

So why spend an entire novel looking for a book thats going to kill you the second you open it?! Either I've missed something or my frustration is well deserved.

Thanks!

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-14, 10:42 AM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
So why spend an entire novel looking for a book thats going to kill you the second you open it?! Either I've missed something or my frustration is well deserved.

Thanks!
1) Acquire Atlas
2) Give to non-psyker mate and ask him to copy it onto paper that won't melt your face
3) Profit!

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-14, 06:51 PM

Paceyjg's Flag is: England

Photocopy it!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-14, 10:04 AM

Khorne-Dog's Flag is: Russia

Umm..hello! It's not an actual map. It just shows you where you wanna go, by changing the direction in which veins grow. So no, you cant copy or take a pict of it.You' have to take that non psyker with you an he/she would have to want to go to BL too.

On the other hand - It melts only eldar, because they are extremely sensitive an psychoactive. The book is made from the skin of psychic blanks and human psykers can look at them and even touch them . They just feel uncomfortable\painful when close to them and their psy powers wouldn't work. So Ahriman wouldnt need anybody else after all
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-14, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

But when their on the nurgle world near the end he uses the 'face melty' power to escape from a thousand son sorcerer - if it worked well on a standard sorcerer I'd have thought Ahriman wouldn't stand a chance and there'd be a smoldering pair of blue ceramite boots on the floor.

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-14, 03:39 AM

I know a lot of people like Rob Sanders but I'm really not a fan of his style. I couldn't finish Atlas Infernal and the SMB novel with the Excoriators is pretty mediocre in my opinion
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-14, 10:40 AM

I see Rob is posting these days. Wouldn't be surprised if he looks in on this thread. So hello, Rob. Nice to meet you. I very much enjoyed Atlas Infernal. I read if very early in my BL reading, so a lot of it actually went over my head. I intend to read it again, so I can understand more about who everybody is, and what they're doing.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-14, 07:29 PM

Hi Vitarus! Thanks for the kind words about Atlas Infernal. Thanks for reading. : ) Thanks also to the others on here who bought the book. Perhaps I'll get MontytheMighty on another pass. I'm a writer - that's my job! : )
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Sanders View Post
Hi Vitarus! Thanks for the kind words about Atlas Infernal. Thanks for reading. : ) Thanks also to the others on here who bought the book. Perhaps I'll get MontytheMighty on another pass. I'm a writer - that's my job! : )
You're one of the better Black Library authours in my opinion. Atlas Infernal and Legion of the Damned failed to captivate me mainly because of the subject matter, not because of any flaws with the writing. I hope you'll be writing something for the HH series. I'd happily give that a go
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 07:24 AM

Cheers, MontytheMighty. : ) *tips hat* or *nods helmet, Boba Fett-style*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode