New Cover Art - Horus Heresy: The Damnation of Pythos by David Annandale - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 10:10 PM

Valrak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just got back from the BL Live event, they had lots of art displayed - these two were my favorite:

Chapter Master of Vigilia Mortis

www.battle-brothers.net
------
Project: Thinking of creating HH 1st Company Imperial Fist Templars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 10:37 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrak View Post
Just got back from the BL Live event, they had lots of art displayed - these two were my favorite:

Imperial Fists getting pounded AGAIN? Seriously BL? Weren't you trying to leave that stereotype?!
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 11:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Imperial Fists getting pounded AGAIN? Seriously BL? Weren't you trying to leave that stereotype?!
Yeah, that looks to be an artwork for the existing short story, The Crimson Fist. That would mean its the battle at Phal, where the Imperial Fists did quite a number on the Iron Warriors until they retreated back to Terra; then they took terrible losses.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Yeah, that looks to be an artwork for the existing short story, The Crimson Fist.
Interesting. The ebook & audio standalone releases reuse the Shadows of Treachery cover. Why would it need new art? A standalone print release?
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 08:23 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
As darkreever said, the Imperial Fists took a battering at Phall, yet it can still be considered a minor victory for them.

Besides, just because a piece of artwork shows one Imperial Fists Space Marine dying does not suddenly mean that the Imperial Fists have become 'whipping boys'. It's these kind of comments which make the 40k/BL fanbase out to be so deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterExAstris View Post
Interesting. The ebook & audio standalone releases reuse the Shadows of Treachery cover. Why would it need new art? A standalone print release?
Not only that but the Shadows of Treachery cover focussed on Phall and Crimson Fist anyway.

Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 09:40 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Yeah, that looks to be an artwork for the existing short story, The Crimson Fist. That would mean its the battle at Phal, where the Imperial Fists did quite a number on the Iron Warriors until they retreated back to Terra; then they took terrible losses.
Yeah I missed that bit. I thought it would be another story about them getting mauled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Besides, just because a piece of artwork shows one Imperial Fists Space Marine dying does not suddenly mean that the Imperial Fists have become 'whipping boys'. It's these kind of comments which make the 40k/BL fanbase out to be so deluded.
Yeah it was me jumping to conclussions. My bad. I would say that's so far one of the best storys about the Imperial Fists.
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:34 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

Besides, it makes sense in context for the Imperial Fists to be the ones getting massacred right now. Three loyalist legions have been out of the front lines for a while, another three are in Ultramar (after going through their own beatings) and another two are elsewhere. The Fists are the only ones really fighting right now and they're facing the entirety of the traitor forces.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 06:31 PM

navynerd1453's Flag is: USA

cool new covers...Any big news from the BL Live? I have looked all over but i cant find any news.
Thanks
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 08:20 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiller View Post
The Fists are the only ones really fighting right now and they're facing the entirety of the traitor forces.
Might be a slight exaggeration there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 08:22 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Who/what chapter is the space marine in the first pic from?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode