Visions of Heresy(non-limited edition format) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Default Visions of Heresy(non-limited edition format)

So, going through BL's 'all products' page, I find this
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-prod...r-haresie.html

$70 for a partially complete art book.
I say partially complete only because the series isn't done, so not all of the cover art is in it, plus who knows what else might change as far as lore goes in the next few years.

I have a feeling it might be a little cheaper over here in the US, only because the HH books in German are like twice the price.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 07:10 PM

Paceyjg's Flag is: England

How does this book differ from 'Collected Visions' which I bought a couple of years ago?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...D9%3B440%3B622
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 01:55 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

The Collected Visions books were largely based on a trading card game, and incorporated older (but great, in my humble opinion) concept artwork by John Blanche.

The new books collect the covers of the Horus Heresy series, as well as other, newer illustrations. I'm guessing older artwork is recycled, as well - but that's conjecture on my part. I would also imagine that, like the Collected Visions books, this will also serve as a primer/summary of the events shown in the novels, novellas, short stories, etc., thus far.

Last edited by Phoebus; 02-01-14 at 01:58 AM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos View Post
I have a feeling it might be a little cheaper over here in the US, only because the HH books in German are like twice the price.
Any thoughts?
It's definitely retailing for cheaper - I don't remember the list, but it's discounted to about $45 on Amazon.com right now.

I'm slightly disappointed at the size - I know, it's an artbook, bigger is better, but I was still hoping for A5 to match the rest of the series on my shelf.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paceyjg View Post
How does this book differ from 'Collected Visions' which I bought a couple of years ago?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...D9%3B440%3B622
As P. said, though as far as actual content, the new Visions book has updated lore as well. Since they have changed a decent bit of the lore since the HH book series started.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 05:47 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

So... besides being $260 cheaper than the limited edition was. What exactly does the non-limited edition NOT have vs the limited edition? Just a black leather slip case and a signature? Happy to pay $260 less for that.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 07:59 AM

There is a serious overhaul of the background fluff in it.

About the images - i have a full old Collected Visions and all HH books to date (including all limited stuff) and i could tell you - that all the images in new Visions - are the same images from old or covers from novels, except for the new image Emperor vs Horus.

Does the new background stuff (which is a synopsis of novels) costs 70 pounds or $70? Nope
That's simple greed.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
So... besides being $260 cheaper than the limited edition was. What exactly does the non-limited edition NOT have vs the limited edition? Just a black leather slip case and a signature? Happy to pay $260 less for that.
It won't match your copy of MacRagge's Honour, either, which is the main thing making me wish I'd sprung for the limited. ;)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 06:34 PM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterExAstris View Post
It won't match your copy of MacRagge's Honour, either, which is the main thing making me wish I'd sprung for the limited. ;)
The one I'm selling as soon as I get it? I don't need black leather slips for 2x retail (or 4x in the case of visions). Visions was $350 Australian for the limited. I'm buying the non limited off book depos for $75 posted... That's ridiculous over pricing for bugger all. I refuse to pay over $100 for a limited book now. Sorry BL, I've had enough. Especially since I can get it much cheaper if I just wait 12 months more and get it in hardcover anyway.

Last edited by Brother Subtle; 02-04-14 at 06:50 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 10:41 PM

Stop Making Sense's Flag is: Australia

Brother Subtule,I usually B.Depo but it is $25 less on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Horus-Heresy-Visions-Alan-Merrett/dp/1849702160/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391556938&sr=1-1&keywords=visions+of+heresy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode