Whats next for the Horus Heresy? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Default Whats next for the Horus Heresy?

Master of Mankind I know of as the likely next one. And I believe there was a Nightlords novel called Nightfall further out, but anything else that is known in the pipeline?

Edit: Forgot Hunters Moon and Thief of Revelations. But werent those audio dramas? Mainly concerned about books.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 10-10-13 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 09:15 PM
Sev
Sev's Flag is: Germany

Graham McNeill is working on a Horus novel called Vengeful Spirit, if I remember correctly.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 10:10 AM

Guys, that's what will go next:
First would be Vengeful Spirit (sadly it is still not ready - and we will not see it at BL weekender) - but where would be HH novella (Dark mechanicus)
After that would be paper release of Scars; when, only when Master of Mankind
Nightfall - the chances are, is that you will not see it in 2 years

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
Guys, that's what will go next:
First would be Vengeful Spirit (sadly it is still not ready - and we will not see it at BL weekender) - but where would be HH novella (Dark mechanicus)
After that would be paper release of Scars; when, only when Master of Mankind
Nightfall - the chances are, is that you will not see it in 2 years
Honestly looking forward to all of that, if that is in fact true.
2 years +/- for a night lords book? That sucks!

Weren't there rumors of an anthology of primarch origin stories at the HH weekender?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 04:38 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Upcoming Horus Heresy

Audio Dramas
Vengeance by John French this will focus on First Captain Sigismund of the Imperial Fists, as he has to deal with a group of Word Bearers stranded in the Sol system.

Limited Edition Novellas
Cybernetica by Rob Sanders a story about loyalist resistance to the Dark Mechanicum forces controlling Mars.

Anthologys
Shattered Legions anthology by various authors this focuses on the three legions shattered during the dropsite massacre the Salamanders, Iron Hands and Raven Guard and their response and actions after the incident on Istvaan V.
The Silent War anthology by various authors this covers the war in the shadows, and may involve the Sigillite, assassins, and the psychological warfare aspect. No real details, but I expect to see the Alpha Legion feature heavily for the traitors.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 05:15 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

In addition to what March of Time has said, we have the following novels upcoming.

Scars by Chris Wraight - The White Scars novel obviously.

The Master of Mankind by Aaron Dembski-Bowden - ADB's coming novel about the Emperor and the War in the Webway.

Nightfall by Aaron Dembski-Bowden - ADB's other coming HH novel about Sevatar and the Night Lords

Death Guard novel TBN - James Swallow's coming novel about the Death Guard and their fall to Nurgle.

Vengeful Spirit by Graham McNeill - McNeill's coming novel that will return to Horus Lupercal, the Sons of Horus and the Vengeful Spirit.

Scars is the next HH novel to be released. After that... nobody knows yet. Likely it'll be the Death Guard novel or Vengeful Spirit as ADB is still writing The Talon of Horus so his HH novels are a while off.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Looks like there will be plenty of interesting stuff to come. I just hope Swallow manages to flesh out the Heresy era death guard a bit better than his 30k Blood Angels. Though considering what the Death Guard is going to end up looking like, I think we can forgive a bit of a lack of flesh. Hah!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 12:42 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
I just hope Swallow manages to flesh out the Heresy era death guard a bit better than his 30k Blood Angels.
Me too. FotE is one of my favourite HH novels, but he really did blow FtT. I'm hoping a return to the DG might prove a return to form for him.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 10:32 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Time View Post
Shattered Legions anthology by various authors – this focuses on the three legions shattered during the dropsite massacre – the Salamanders, Iron Hands and Raven Guard – and their response and actions after the incident on Istvaan V.
I wish they would have been retained for this anthology and not been shoehorned into most Heresy novels since Isstvan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Time View Post
The Silent War anthology by various authors – this covers the war in the shadows, and may involve the Sigillite, assassins, and the psychological warfare aspect. No real details, but I expect to see the Alpha Legion feature heavily for the traitors.
Do we have any additional information about this one? Psychological warfare aspect fair enough, but after Nemesis it seemed clear that both Horus and the Emperor had resigned themselves to facing each other personally. Though I suppose that doesn't rule out assassins/spy networks/psychological warfare on a less grand scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 10-12-13 at 10:59 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 11:59 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Do we have any additional information about this one? Psychological warfare aspect fair enough, but after Nemesis it seemed clear that both Horus and the Emperor had resigned themselves to facing each other personally. Though I suppose that doesn't rule out assassins/spy networks/psychological warfare on a less grand scale.
Yeah, I'd like to see what the assassins have been getting up to since the events of Nemesis, and before then in fact. Granted, both the Emperor and Horus have chosen not to assassinate each other, but the assassin order must surely be targeting other high priority traitors, from Captains and Legions masters, to the other Primarchs themselves. So far, all we've seen is that one Culexus assassin, that went after the Outcast Dead, and even then he didn't seem to be your typical Culexus.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode