The new 1K word stories - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Last edited by Malus Darkblade; 09-21-13 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
Interesting idea to do this, but right now, i don't like where BL is going.

Serial novels (with the omg prices for episode); 1 thousand words shorts (with the omg prices for each); Limited editions novellas(with the omg prices - and OMG + delivery); anthologies (here prices are ok - but the last 2 anthologies were shit); reprints and etc.

With each passing month it's less and less normal (with ok price) novels.

Look at the next 5 months - only 5 novels (that are not old or could be read at all): Unremembered empire; MASTER OF DRAGONS; Warmaster; SMB novel about Iron Snakes in the Sabbat Worlds crusade and Vengeful spirit.

Everything else - exclusive LE, anthologies, anthologies, reprints, (BLACK LIBRARY CLASSICS)

It's very sad
Surely you are joking?
I mean, most of what you had to say was opinion, but they have more than that coming out in the next 5 months.
UE, Scars, New G&F, Talon of Horus, Path of the Archon, Visions of Heresy(kind of a reprint, but it is being "revised" so I would consider it different from the original collected visions), Stormcaller, Wolf of Sigmar, Master of Death, There is Only War(anthology, though IDK how much of it will be reprinted), Malodrax, Bane of Malekith. And that is just stuff that they have announced/is on amazon. I would not doubt at all that they will have more stuff.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-13, 08:40 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
Seems like a reference to the HH!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 09:57 AM

To The Scion of Chemos
Quote:
I mean, most of what you had to say was opinion, but they have more than that coming out in the next 5 months.
UE, Scars, New G&F, Talon of Horus, Path of the Archon, Visions of Heresy(kind of a reprint, but it is being "revised" so I would consider it different from the original collected visions), Stormcaller, Wolf of Sigmar, Master of Death, There is Only War(anthology, though IDK how much of it will be reprinted), Malodrax, Bane of Malekith. And that is just stuff that they have announced/is on amazon. I would not doubt at all that they will have more stuff.
Just to clarify things - New G&F - already read; Malodrax - already read
Talon of Horus; Stormcaller; Wolf of Sigmar, Master of Death - will not be released in 5 months period
And new news - Warmaster (Gaunt Ghosts) was postponed till July 2014 - Dan has too many projects and simply can't write faster.
And in the next 5 months we will have 4 anthologies, 4 Limited (OMG) , 67 SHORT STORIES, 10 reprints
Now go figured - how is that better when last years
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 03:06 PM

Quote:
To The Scion of Chemos

Just to clarify things - New G&F - already read; Malodrax - already read
Talon of Horus; Stormcaller; Wolf of Sigmar, Master of Death - will not be released in 5 months period
And new news - Warmaster (Gaunt Ghosts) was postponed till July 2014 - Dan has too many projects and simply can't write faster.
And in the next 5 months we will have 4 anthologies, 4 Limited (OMG) , 67 SHORT STORIES, 10 reprints
Now go figured - how is that better when last years
So, "new" and "new to you" are different. Those two aren't on general release, so I would still consider them to be upcoming.
I am going off of Amazon, who is not ALWAYS correct with their release info, as well as(in all of my experience) stuff usually comes out on BLs site roughly a month early, or so. So that would put those releases at 5-6 months or so? As well as if they have any event or are at any event, they will likely have that stuff early, and since you seem to get everything a decent bit early, they are still relatively "soon".
Dan does write A LOT of stuff, so I can definitely see why they would want to push it back.

What 4 anthologies and what 4 limited editions?
I only know of "There is Only War" as an upcoming anthology.
And as far as limited editions, the Gamesday short story anthology and Tallarn. What other ones are there?
I somehow doubt you know the exact number of short stories coming out in the next 5 months. Is that just a guesstamite seeing as how they have 1 a week, plus the rest of those leading up to the weekender?
I honestly don't see most reprints as a bad idea(I don't see the point in the "Classics" range, as you can get the omnibus for the same price), but I got into BL in 2011 or so, so the reprints can be a blessing for some of the newer fans.

Plus, BL likes to withhold info until the last minute, so they may well release some good stuff at random.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Interesting idea to do this, but right now, i don't like where BL is going.

Serial novels (with the omg prices for episode); 1 thousand words shorts (with the omg prices for each); Limited editions novellas(with the omg prices - and OMG + delivery); anthologies (here prices are ok - but the last 2 anthologies were shit); reprints and etc.
Personally I don't have a problem with the 1k shorts. What's appealing about them is that it allows writers to explore lesser known chapters where there is no market or outlet otherwise and the three I've purchased so far have all been strong (Silver Skulls, Novamarines and Blood Angels).

The serialisation I'm less convinced by and I'd rather wait for the whole thing, and the limited edition novellas are becoming a joke considering their regularity and shall we say, dubious quality of writing.

The Emperor upholds a teleological scheme for the future of man, unifying and perfecting humanity through the intense application of martial violence, and I will endeavour to uphold it.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 07:40 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

So with today's blog announcement we know that all of these short stories will be available in one anthology at Games Day. Angels of Death. And it will contain the following Chapters;

Ultramarines
Executioners
Silver Skulls
Novamarines
Doom Legion
Excoriators
Space Wolves
Iron Hands
Deathwatch
Carcharodons
Howling Griffons
Mentors
Emperor's Warbringers
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Brazen Claws
Black Templars
Mortifactors
Hospitallers
Grey Knights
Imperial Fists
Salamanders
Death Spectres
White Scars
Angels Penitent/Angels Resplendent
Raven Guard
Marines Malevolent
Doom Eagles
Scythes of the Emperor*
Blood Drinkers*

Two more Chapters remain to be revealed, Friday and Saturday's short stories. And three unique stories* that will not be ebooks have been confirmed, the first of which features the Scythes of the Emperor and the second of which features the Blood Drinkers. Without a doubt this is the most varied anthology that BL have ever done, there are at least seven Chapters here that have never been written about before and two of them were just names in the Loyalist Chapter List prior to these stories. BL need to do these kinds of anthologies more often.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 09-27-13 at 06:18 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-13, 12:45 AM

Any idea on the price of the anthology? Is it strictly event exclusive? The price for each of these individual 1k word stories is to high to warrant me buying any of the so far. Not to mention they are in that dreaded ebook format (cant stand that shit). But the idea of an actual physical book is much more enticing. In the blog they only mention it being "first" available at Games Day, wonder if that means eventually it will be up one the site. God please... anything to keep me away from those money hungry fucks on eBay.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-13, 09:01 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyzer View Post
Any idea on the price of the anthology? Is it strictly event exclusive? The price for each of these individual 1k word stories is to high to warrant me buying any of the so far. Not to mention they are in that dreaded ebook format (cant stand that shit). But the idea of an actual physical book is much more enticing. In the blog they only mention it being "first" available at Games Day, wonder if that means eventually it will be up one the site. God please... anything to keep me away from those money hungry fucks on eBay.
It should be available on BL as the last two Games Day anthologies were, for about £12 or so. Which seems a fair price for so many short stories.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode