Scars - New serialized HH novel in twelve parts - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 170 (permalink) Old 01-15-14, 05:47 PM

Question about the White Scars? They don't use Dreadnought from my understanding so I take it if a white scar is badly injured is he just put to death or sent to retirement?
I mean pretty much every other legions has dreadnought except for the white scars. I find that this makes them incomplete compared to other legions.

After reading the scars and knowing what I know about other legions and the primarch. I consider Khan and Corax to be almost of similar type of legion. Corax relies on stealth where as Khan is about speed . Kind of like whoever gets to the enemy first. One by sneaking up on them and another by speed.

I know in the book they compared Russ legions to Khan because of there barbarian nature but I think the style of fighting of the legions are different. Same with the Primarchs. I picture Russ being more power swinging his sword and the space wolves fighting with brute strength. With the Khan it's more finesse and the scars being the same. Again I'm just guessing here.

And about Mortarion. I'm curious to know why he turned traitor. From "the flight of the Eisenstein", it doesn't go into it too much and if I remember didn't the Emperor save Mortarion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 170 (permalink) Old 01-15-14, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Morty bore resentment against the Emperor because he didnt let him have his vengeance against his once 'father', the warlord whom had raised him. As the toxic surroundings was too much for even Morty's prodigous resilience to cope with, the Emperor striking down the warlord just before he could slay Morty.
post #153 of 170 (permalink) Old 06-28-14, 03:03 AM
F22Reject's Flag is: USA

Oh man i'm super late on finishing this. Refused outright to buy the ebooks as they were released. And i waited, and waited. Finally i dropped 50 on the hardback cover and shipping.

Totally worth it. Loved the book. Love the author. Love the scars.

Think we need more books on the unconventional legions. Tired of the same cookie cutter ones.

post #154 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-17-14, 07:40 PM

Just bought it on Audio book as I was doing a lot of driving this past week. Struggled to handle the jumps between various scenes but that was more down to me concentrating on driving than anything with the book.

Was pretty good, better than some of the other books, but it left me feeling like the scars story was really unfinished. Not sure we will get anymore white scars books and that's disappointing.

I liked the little sub plots being unveiled. A bit more back ground to Nikea and how it fitted in to the grand scheme of launching the heresy, actions of the Alpha Legion in manipulating events fore and against horus. Always wondered how they would make Mortarian a bad ass given his breathing problems but they did a great job on that, the confusion between legions as how events started to unfold.

I think I would have preferred this to have come out earlier in the series. When a list is put together on what order to read books, this has to be fairly early on. After Thousand Sons maybe.
post #155 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-17-14, 08:40 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen74 View Post
I think I would have preferred this to have come out earlier in the series. When a list is put together on what order to read books, this has to be fairly early on. After Thousand Sons maybe.
That's a very good point. After Prospero Burns would do it.
post #156 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 06:26 AM

Finishing up the audio book myself while driving. Have a semi..curious question that perhaps you fine gentlemen could clear up. Contains spoilers if you haven't read the book, and i have no clue how to hide spoilers, feel free to enlighten me as well, so reader beware

So, Khagan teleports back to his ship to find everyone not really playing nice. Walks up the Hassik Noyan Khan and says something like, bro did i say you could raise your blade in my house? nobody lifts a weapon without my say. He then stabbed bro for lifting his blade and tosses him aside right? I got to thinking though, The Weather Maker Yeusegui translates into the Prospero system to find the legion just kinda..chillen. He then takes it upon himself to blast the Death Guard. No permission from the Khagan, he just does it.

Now, isn't that the same thing Hassik did? and yet Hassik got stuck for his troubles and the Weather Maker got a warm greeting. Any thoughts? I realize the depths of the difference in their actions, but the principle remains the same. Nobody said kill them DG kids.
post #157 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 02:54 PM
Dazed and confused.

I think it's because Yesugei already knew that the DG had turned traitor, and knew all about Istvaan.
post #158 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I think it's because Yesugei already knew that the DG had turned traitor, and knew all about Istvaan.
Totally. Like his reasoning for attacking i get completely. The Khagan's understanding of why he attacked i understand as well.

Where i fall short is that he attacked without permission to do so. He raised his blade without the Khagan saying that is the path we are taking. The same thing Hassik did, even though Hassik's crimes were clearly 100% worst.
post #159 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 03:16 PM
Dazed and confused.

Yesugei is a completely different animal. He's the Khan's personal advisor, and the storm seers seem to be outside the normal rank structure. Someone that trusted gets a bit more leeway than a line captain.
post #160 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 01:01 AM
Craw-Daddy

This bothers me so much. I really want to get this novel on paperback. Or at least a good price, however its always shipping that hits in. Because of my financial situation I'm afraid to bite the bullet and accept 10-16 bucks. I'm the type of person that starts to justify his purchases afterwards.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode