Vulkan Lives *Spoilers* (this does not sound good) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 10:18 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I think the biggest indicator that Vulkan survives is that Kyme himself in his Sallies novels has stated that Vulkan was around after the Heresy. I may be wrong but I think in the third one Vulkan He'Stan mentions the circumstances of Vulkan going off on his quest. It's one thing if another author messes up his fluff, but if Kyme does it himself, I think he'd have reached a new low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 10:26 AM
Cruxyh's Flag is: Netherlands

From the things posted, I suspect this is just BL authors screwing with readers their heads, as they should. I may actually have to pick this one up at one point, because it does sound like an entertaining read.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 12:49 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Do any of you guys remember the story where the Emporer's Children basically kidnapped Fulgrim and tortured him because they believed he was a daemon? They burned one of his feet right off with a welding torch and it basically grew back as perfect as it was before.

Just because a Primarch has the skin melted from thier bones doesn't mean they are dead. They are made of more than just flesh and blood (Magnus loses his body completely existing as aether). I think they're like witches and vampires; you can only kill them by removing thier head (and even then I bet if they had stuck Manus's head back on his shoulders the wound would have healed...)

post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 01:58 PM

Quote:
From the things posted, I suspect this is just BL authors screwing with readers their heads, as they should. I may actually have to pick this one up at one point, because it does sound like an entertaining read.
You do understand that the prose is bad and the style is awful - it is better (but by a little) margin from Promethean Son. You do understand that first and third person style running like a wild crazy coyote and is hard to read?
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 04:23 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
You do understand that the prose is bad and the style is awful - it is better (but by a little) margin from Promethean Son. You do understand that first and third person style running like a wild crazy coyote and is hard to read?
I liked Promethean Sun,So I'm really looking forward to Vulkan Lives.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Just because a Primarch has the skin melted from thier bones doesn't mean they are dead.
Yeah...but the spoilers indicate that
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
You do understand that this is your opinion?

Personally speaking, I didn't find it hard to read at all. I would let others make their own mind up.

Cheers,
Marcus

Blogging the Horus Heresy here
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 12:10 PM

Lord of Ruin's Flag is: Great Britain

If Vulkan dies and keeps coming back then i wonder if his abilitie is not too different from that displayed by the Perpetuals. Rising from the ashes has a nice ring to it considering its Vulkan a primarch born on a planet of fire and lava.

Personally i cant wait for this one, as i enjoyed Promethean Sun it did a good job of introducing Vulkan!
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 08:45 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

and what about Dorn, he is a skeleton ?
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 09:34 PM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

inb4 something like this happens:

"Vulkan, Primarch. A man barely alive.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology (right?).
We have the capability to build the galaxy's first bionic Primarch.
Vulkan will be that Primarch. Better than he was before. Faster, stronger, better."

-intro to The Six Million Dollar Primarch, revived after the previous developers tried to make Sanguinius the Bionic Primarch and were declared Excommunicate Traitoris, and banned from Imperial broadcasting after its developers were declared Excommunicate Traitoris in 224.M37

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode