The Chaos Primarch's loyalty - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-13, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Default The Chaos Primarch's loyalty

I am mostly looking at the Big 4 who fell to individual Chaos Gods. Before the HH Fulgrim and Magnus were extremely loyal to the Emperor, but they got 'tricked' into Chaos. Angron and Mort pretty much hated the guy from their first meeting. After "Betrayer" where it shows Angron being bat shit crazy well before the HH, even threatening to take the Emp's head when confronted by Leman Russ got me thinking.

I am betting Mort has a legit reason for hating the Emp., and part of it will have to do with the Emp. saving Mort's life. (Only Vulkan had something like that happen, and he stayed loyal).

It makes me wonder. 2 brothers hated him from the start, the other 2 were as loyal of sons that could be found. What makes it more interesting is that the Angron/Fulgrim and Mort/Magnus hatred reflects the Chaos gods that they represent.

On that note, Horus had his hands full keeping all of these factions fighting for him. I think a good book could be of some loyalist Alpha Legion donning the armor of the Traitor Legions and attacking Horus's allies. How do you think Angron would respond if he got attacked by a few hundred Emp's Children? I am sure becoming a Daemon Prince has not helped his temper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-13, 12:31 AM

One of the things I've actually been intrigued about with ADB's upcoming Black Legion series, is some kind of exploration of what the traitor Primarchs have been up to. Given all the loyalist Primarchs are either dead or missing, if the traitor Primarchs, as Deamon Princes, took the field of battle more often, they should be able to guarantee victory even if the traitor forces are generally having to scrounge for supplies and other resources.

I think it would be interesting to see something about what the traitor Primarchs have been up to and exactly why they ultimately abandoned their legions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-13, 06:57 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogems View Post
One of the things I've actually been intrigued about with ADB's upcoming Black Legion series, is some kind of exploration of what the traitor Primarchs have been up to. Given all the loyalist Primarchs are either dead or missing, if the traitor Primarchs, as Deamon Princes, took the field of battle more often, they should be able to guarantee victory even if the traitor forces are generally having to scrounge for supplies and other resources.

I think it would be interesting to see something about what the traitor Primarchs have been up to and exactly why they ultimately abandoned their legions.
We already know the answers to those questions.

They abandoned their Legions because they had transcended the mortal realm and embraced daemonhood. Essentially, they are now only concerned with the Great Game (and any lingering grievances they maintain from their mortal lives). Why would they concern themselves with the petty, meaningless wars of mortals?

Similarly, they have been occupied with the Great Game and chasing any and every whim they choose. They are as gods within the Eye.

But also, being daemons also limits their effectiveness in conventional warfare in the materium. They rely on warp rifts to maintain their presence outside of the warp/Eye.

Although I think AD-B has said some of the Daemon-Primarchs may feature in his Rise of the Warmaster series, I don't think they will feature comprehensively. The tale is about Abaddon after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 07-08-13 at 06:59 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-13, 11:11 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

They will feature as cameos most definitely. I would imagine Magnus, Lorgar or Perturabo would be highest candidates. Fulgrim and Angron doesn't give the feel of appearing, just like Night Haunter or Alpharius.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode