The Lion likely to feature in Unremembered Empire - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default The Lion likely to feature in Unremembered Empire

From what Corswain says in the short story By The Lion's Command, from the anthology The Imperial Truth. It would appear that The Lion is on his way to Ultramar.

Quote:
It had been hard to watch him leave, but the seneschal had understood, as best he could, the reasons for the primarch's departure. Events unfolding on the Eastern Fringe could not be ignored, and maybe presented as much of a threat to the Emperor as Horus's own treachery. Or so the Lion had implied.
We already know from Savage Weapons and The Lion, that Jonson doesn't appear to support Guilliman and his plans for the Imperium Secundus. From this quote, it appears that he has taken it upon himself to go and see what Guilliman is up to, perhaps even with the intention of stopping him, describing it as a threat as large as Horus. So I'm thinking there's quite a good chance the Lion may end up appearing in the novel.

To make some presumptions and to extrapolate slightly. From Betrayer, traveling out of the Ultramar system is apparently nigh on impossible for the loyalists due to Lorgars actions. We know Sanguinius and the Blood Angels are there, but we also know they will be on Terra, leading many to question how they would get there up till now. So my current theory is, the Lion will arrive in system, tense stand off, shouting will be had, much discussion, convince Guilliman to aid Terra, choose Sanguinius as the one to get there first and the fastest via the Lion giving his brother the Xenos warp jump...thing, he acquired to allow the Blood Angels to leave the system and get to Terra in time.

And just for anyone interested, though not what the short is centered on(nor is the above), Corswain has been ordered by the Lion to take the rest of the Legion and find Russ, whose whereabouts are evidently unknown. Also at the end it's revealed that he is splitting some of his forces under the command of Belal, their destination being.

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 06-15-13 at 01:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 07:16 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Abnett confirmed this on his blog a while ago:

Quote:
... but I've got a full workload in front of me, and this Horus Heresy novel isn't going to just write itself (before you ask, it's The Unremembered Empire, direct sequel to both my Know No Fear AND Aaron's Betrayer, and The Lion hasn't actually punched Guilliman yet, but the fan and the faeces are going to meet when they both find out which other of their brothers are present in Macragge City...).
The return of Abnett's Guilliman - who's sick as fuck - and the Abnett Magic (TM) on Sanguinius and the Lion?

Sick. As. Fuck.

Top three contender in the making.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 12:21 PM

Garrak's Flag is: Romania

I cannot wait for this. Do we have any clue when it's out?

Follow me and I shall give you victory or glorious martyrdom! For the Emperor!

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 12:14 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
From what Corswain says in The Imperial Truth short story By The Lion's Command. It would appear that The Lion is on his way to Ultramar.
Wait, which of those were what? Is both short stories? Alright where might this short story/stories be found?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Wait, which of those were what? Is both short stories? Alright where might this short story/stories be found?
Hmm indeed, that does look confusing, edited to make it clearer. I think.

The Imperial Truth, is the limited edition anthology from the Horus Heresy weekender. By The Lions Command, is one of the short stories in it. Only way of getting it is eBay, or waiting the long wait for it to be released on the site, assuming it ever does.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 12:00 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
or waiting the long wait for it to be released on the site, assuming it ever does.
Oh, it will. Because BL know that nuggets like me will pay for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 01:40 PM

I really wish BL would provide some previews of upcoming HH novels. Seriously, they don't even have a coming soon section anymore...
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 02:54 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post
I really wish BL would provide some previews of upcoming HH novels. Seriously, they don't even have a coming soon section anymore...
I want to see the authors talking about their upcoming novels, with dramatic music and effects.

I clearly remember the day I saw these. The more recent trailers have been very poor, almost silly.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 12:33 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Sounds like a pretty solid theory, Angel.

Solid recollection on the inability to escape Ultramar. I hope the Lion will be able to escape Ultramar as well, though... I still want to see a book based on the attempt by the Lion and Russ to get to Terra in time to save the Emperor. It'd be tricky, I admit. It's a hard task to write a book that basically reads like a race against time... and ends on a downer note (so sad, you didn't make it in time!).

Also, quick question. The force being split off to go to ...

... is that being led by Belal (new name to me), or maybe Belath, from 'Call of the Lion'? Also, who is writing this short story?

Cheers,
P.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:42 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Hmm indeed, that does look confusing, edited to make it clearer. I think.

The Imperial Truth, is the limited edition anthology from the Horus Heresy weekender. By The Lions Command, is one of the short stories in it. Only way of getting it is eBay, or waiting the long wait for it to be released on the site, assuming it ever does.
Oh its one of those. Well I bought one left-over from one of those weekenders then most of the shorts which I wanted re-appeared on the web-site, so I'm waiting for the good stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode