The Lion likely to feature in Unremembered Empire - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 01:05 PM

Primarchs featured (and some battered) in Unremembered empire:

If someone waiting for the happy ending at this novel, you havent been paying attention =)

Last edited by Anakwanar; 06-20-13 at 03:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Nah, having that many Primarchs would be too much, wouldn't be enough focus on them as individuals. Your Mortarion thought is a bit off as well. I imagine Vulkan will have escaped from the Night Haunter before the events or at least the end if the Thramas Crusade.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 03:59 PM

Again - Angel of Blood - half of my comment, is not a speculation - its a hard pre-edited truth. You wonna like it, you wonna hate it, you dont want to believe it - its your choice. We will see, who is right - this autumn.

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 04:03 PM

Citing Dan Abnett- Unremembered empire is a superhero Primarch team of 'Guardian of the Galaxy'
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 04:04 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

If this stands as advertised... it should be a pretty epic novel!
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 05:12 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
How i love to read preedited chapters =)
Who are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

If all that is indeed true, then wrap that all in spoiler tags, as I certainly didn't want to know all those spoilers and neither will others.

I don't know who he is CotE, but even if half of what he's said is true, he's being given some ratherarge spoilers.

Just how are you getting hold of all these pages and chapters? There are plenty of other highly dedicated fans and bloggers, but I've never seen anyone getting this amount of extensive information before, from multiple authors at that.

And whilst I may have been incorrect in the other thread admittedly, I'm once again going to ask. Do you not in this instance feel that your more or less letting Abnett down by posting these spoilers? Because unlike when I said if regarding Wraight, these are spoilers, hell half the plot of the novel or at least several significant events can be guessed from these alone.

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 06-19-13 at 06:12 PM.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 06:31 PM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
Again - Angel of Blood - half of my comment, is not a speculation - its a hard pre-edited truth. You wonna like it, you wonna hate it, you dont want to believe it - its your choice. We will see, who is right - this autumn.
What do you by half of your comment is not speculation? Half of it IS speculation? It seems like you are giving yourself a pretty large 'out' here if any of that list turns out to be incorrect.

If you are correct and you have inside information, could you please use spoiler tags for your posts from now on? For these types of threads, members come here to speculate and think up theories... I don't come here to find out what happens in a book that isn't even out yet.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And whilst I may have been incorrect in the other thread admittedly, I'm once again going to ask. Do you not in this instance feel that your more or less letting Abnett down by posting these spoilers? Because unlike when I said if regarding Wraight, these are spoilers, hell half the plot of the novel or at least several significant events can be guessed from these alone.
Just sharing, for whatever it's worth, that studies have been done showing that people don't really mind spoilers as much as you might think. Just because you know the ending to a movie or TV show doesn't necessarily mean that you'll enjoy watching it any less. It makes a fair amount of sense when you think about it. Pick pretty much any single sport you want, going in you know one team is going to win and the other will lose. Before the event has even happened you know this. You know this for sporting events more or less in perpetuity. Do you enjoy watching your favorite team(s) play any less because of this knowledge? In a more WH40K sense, we already pretty much know what is going to happen. We know that, for instance, Sanguinius is about to die in the very near future, The Emperor will be interred in the Golden Throne, all the other loyalist Primarchs will either be killed or disappear, the traitor Primarchs will either be killed or become Deamon Princes and basically abandon their legions. We know that the traitor forces will ultimately be repelled, that the legions will be broken up into the smaller Chapters, etc, etc, etc. Before the first HH book was even written, we all knew Horus would turn traitor and mount what ultimately resulted in a failed coup attempt that would result in everything above plus a lot more. Has that impacted your desire to read the HH books? So I wouldn't really worry about it. Knowing the broad strokes of what is going to happen won't really have much of an impact on your enjoyment (or lack thereof) of reading how everything plays out exactly.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

For some people that may be true, but for many it really isn't. Both myself, my dad and countless other people I know will go mad if someone tells us the F1 results before we watch it(in cases where the race happened overnight in another country and wasn't broadcast till the next day in the UK). Many others I know, myself included, don't want to know the football results until we've watched match of the day, or the recorded match, I do actually feels it spoils a certain sense of enjoyment when you know the result.

As far as the Heresy is concerned, yes there are many events we know are going to happen, that can't be helped, Signus, Calth, Horus obviously turning, the Burning of Prospero etc. But the team have made up a great deal of new material, new characters etc. if someone had told me or most people the reveal of Legion, then I would have flipped. Or on Betrayer, there is a huge spoiler regarding one character, that some people found out about because of people posting spoilers without tags, and they were justifiably annoyed.

This is no different

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode