Black Legion Series (ADB) - Page 59 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #581 of 600 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 10:52 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Close! After Talon, a long time back, I said it was probably going to be next in line. I then spent all of last year writing Ragnar Blackmane instead, as I wanted a break from the Heresy and the setting's intricate innards and guts. I started it, in secret, in January - and GW asked me not to say anything about it. So this is the first time I've ever said I was actually writing it.
Speaking of Talon, do you know when the pocket version will be available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 600 (permalink) Old 09-04-15, 01:21 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
No idea, sorry. I'd guess (and this is really a very raw guess) that MoM would be out this time next year? It's going pretty well but I have no idea where it sits in the schedule these days, the Heresy is trucking on fine without me slowing it down anyway.
I respect your professionalism and the loyalty you show to your fellow authors and friends in the company, but let's respectfully agree to disagree. I'm not even getting into a debate based on subjective opinions ("this novel is better, this novel sucks!"). Nor am I arguing that the Horus Heresy should have a series completion deadline.

That having been said, it's been seven years since Fulgrim was first released. A grand total of four novel-size entries have been released since The Unremembered Empire, almost two years ago. One of those was first released as a serialized novel a couple of months before Dan's tale. Another was an anthology of re-released novellas, short stories, and audio products.

Again, I'm not making a subjective call based on quality... I just dispute the idea that you would somehow be slowing down any further something that's already going at, shall we say, a "leisurely pace"?

post #583 of 600 (permalink) Old 09-05-15, 09:14 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
I respect your professionalism and the loyalty you show to your fellow authors and friends in the company, but let's respectfully agree to disagree. I'm not even getting into a debate based on subjective opinions ("this novel is better, this novel sucks!"). Nor am I arguing that the Horus Heresy should have a series completion deadline.

That having been said, it's been seven years since Fulgrim was first released. A grand total of four novel-size entries have been released since The Unremembered Empire, almost two years ago. One of those was first released as a serialized novel a couple of months before Dan's tale. Another was an anthology of re-released novellas, short stories, and audio products.

Again, I'm not making a subjective call based on quality... I just dispute the idea that you would somehow be slowing down any further something that's already going at, shall we say, a "leisurely pace"?

Couldn't have expressed it better myself!

post #584 of 600 (permalink) Old 09-05-15, 10:00 AM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Maybe because I'm somewhat of an underdog lover (says the Ultramarine collector) I've never much liked the black legion, however it should be awesome because IMO ABD is one the best if not the best black library author around
post #585 of 600 (permalink) Old 09-05-15, 11:12 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
Maybe because I'm somewhat of an underdog lover (says the Ultramarine collector) I've never much liked the black legion, however it should be awesome because IMO ABD is one the best if not the best black library author around
Underdog lover? Well welcome to the Black Legion before it became as such. When the Chaos Legions were arguably at their weakest. Turning on each other at ever opportunity, scattered, lost, yet to have any true purpose. Hell the Sons of Horus have been all but annihilated, more so by their fellow traitors than the loyalists, being ruthlessly hunted down for leaving the others at the Siege of Terra.

If you haven't done so already, as it sounds. Get this novel and read it. You won't find any better in the BL range, some equals(I'm looking at you Eisenhorn), but none better.
post #586 of 600 (permalink) Old 03-10-16, 07:29 PM

Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask has anyone found or know of a way to read 'The Wonderworker' online?

The short chapter released for the hardcore day one people that the rest have to miss out on. I hear it is good and after loving the Talon of Horus (and wanting ADB to get on with the next one even if it means sacking off Master of Mankind ) I wanted to read this.

All I ever wanted was the truth
post #587 of 600 (permalink) Old 03-19-16, 10:55 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

I'm late to the party. I've only just read ToH and I generally thought it was great. I found the change in Abaddon to be somewhat abrupt.

In HH we see him as a beligerant ball of fury. Now he's putting on tea parties and twiddling his moustache. For me it was comperable to the change in the Necrons Codex. From mindless autonmatons to art collecting cads.

I know it's mentioned in the text that even the other characters are surprised at his change, but he really does come across as a completely different character. Indeed, time changes people, but not THAAAAT much. Perhaps we'll see some more of his old anger coming through in future stories.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. It was one of those books where you read and read and suddenly you notice that you've read over half the story in one sitting.

Edit; Oh, I wonder if ADB will ever address the issue of Abaddon's arms. Will he explain how he lost them? ;-)

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 03-19-16 at 10:59 PM.
post #588 of 600 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 05:17 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Time changes people sure. But events change them more. This is Abaddon after the failure of the Heresy. During the Heresy and even the Great Crusade, his faith and belief in Horus was absolute, completely confident in their path and victory. But then Horus, his beloved and idolised father is killed. Not just killed but obliterated and erased from existence. The war is lost, they're forced to flee before the wrath of the loyalists and erased from Imperial records, the great and famous/infamous Abaddon, known across the Imperium forgotten.

Then within the Eye the remains of his Legion are slowly hunted down and murdered by the other traitor legions, their once proud and famed reputation ruined and forgotten, only their 'cowardice' at the Seige remembered.

I'd say his change is justified.
post #589 of 600 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 12:04 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post

*snip*

I'd say his change is justified.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree to a point. But again, this was not even a 90% personality change. It was 100% Every single aspect of HH Abaddon is gone. To be honest, I never really liked HH Abaddon as I found him to be slightly too one dimensional (until later novels where they gave him a little more to his personality other than ASSHOLE). But still, this total change is jarring.

The ADB Abaddon is, in every way other than name, a completely new and different 40k character.
post #590 of 600 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 01:54 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I understand where you're coming from and I agree to a point. But again, this was not even a 90% personality change. It was 100% Every single aspect of HH Abaddon is gone. To be honest, I never really liked HH Abaddon as I found him to be slightly too one dimensional (until later novels where they gave him a little more to his personality other than ASSHOLE). But still, this total change is jarring.

The ADB Abaddon is, in every way other than name, a completely new and different 40k character.
I still lean to that the TTH Abbadon is the first clone of Horus. Look at the final fight where Abbadon faces Fabius' creation. Khayon could almost not tell them apart, save for their armor and weapons differetiating them.

Some of the older fluff had a rumor that Abbadon was the cloneson of Horus. So I think that the belicose Abbadon perished during the Horus Heresy, and Horus had a backup created to take the role.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode