What to read? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-13, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Zondarian's Flag is: England

Default What to read?

This is a two part question, I am yet to read Angel Exterminatus or Betrayer. So far in the HH series I have been very disappointed with the fall to chaos of most primarchs. Will these novels change that for me?

Part 2. I have solely read HH to date and am looking to branch out. What novels would you suggest? I am mainly a fan of space marine stuff, thousand sons however if material is good enough I wouldn't mind reading other stuff.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-13, 10:03 PM

The Space Marine Battles books. I've read Fall of Damnos and Battle of the Fang, and liked both a lot. Reading The Hunt for Voldorius now, and liking it so far.

Plenty of Space Marine omnibuses out there. I loved the Grey Knights. Souldrinkers is also good. Blood Angels is good, despite what many here will say. Heh. Not overly complicated, but the main character is the definition of courage, honor, and all that crap. Plus Mephiston shows up briefly. Those are all I've read of SM omnibuses so far.

Eisenhorn and Ravenor are Inquisitors. Their omnibuses are my favorite BL things so far. Not huge battles, but some powerful characters sometimes square off. Great intrigue. And those nasty Chaos guys have really interesting plans, devices, etc.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-13, 09:08 AM

If you expect Angel Exterminatus focusing only on the Iron Warriors/Perturabo you will be greatly disappointed. Otherwise it is a very good book and adds very much to the heresey/40k fluff!

Betrayer is the ADB at his best. Nothing more to say, it is just awesome.

I also agree that, if you're tired of the hh read a Space Marine Battles book. While i found hunt for Voldorius awful, the upcoming Death of Antagonis is worth reading!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-13, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Zondarian's Flag is: England

I am not tired of the HH just don't come out that fast haha. I have just found with the previous primarchs that the fall to chaos isn't very well written. I could understand why Magnus acted like he did, but the others not so much. I am upset that I am expected to believe Lorgar turned because he was a petulant child, Horus was tricked etc.... All very two dimensional reading in my opinion. I am expected to believe these super beings with ridiculous intelligence levels are all that pathetic.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode