Feat of Iron - Spoiler Question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Alhom's Flag is: France

Default Feat of Iron - Spoiler Question

Hi there,
I finished the anthology and I'll ask you one question about the short story of Nick Kyme.

We see the Cabal trying to speak and to alert Ferrus Manus about his future etc...
They failed. Ok, but the seer says :
Quote:
"There is hope,’ he muttered. ‘In the empire of the Battle-King, he who would install an heir. Even if the Gorgon falls and fails to heed our warning, there is another who will listen, one who was lost."
Without those 4 last words, I could think that this "another" was Alpharius/Omegon (CF Legion by Dan Abnett) but this word, this meaning that there is an other dude who was lost who can hear the Cabal.

But help me! Who is lost? Seriously, is a Primarque of the II or XI Legion?
Well this story blew up my mind

"For The Emperor."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 09:06 AM

Guillaume was named the Battle King in the Novella, so it must be someone who is in Ultramar with him (in the Imperium Secundus).

Spoiler!

My guess is Sanguinus, Fear to Tread tells us that he was "lost" for several years because of the Signus incident. Also, for all we know from Betrayer und Fear to Tread, he is trapped in Ultramar now. Lorgars Spell makes sure noone will get out of the 500 worlds, but somehow Sanguinus has to make it to Terra before Horus arrives there.
The cabal might be able to help him make it, and that might also explain why the UM won't join the Blood Angels: Guillaume would never ever trust some bunch of aliens to savely deliver them to the throneworld!

Last edited by DjdaForce; 02-13-13 at 09:14 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Nice one dude!
So, the lost is Sanguinius... Sounds good and logic.
Thus, for you, Sanguinius will be helped by the Cabal when he is trapping with Roboute on Ultramar?
I haven't read Angel Exterminatus and Betrayer yet. So thanks for your comment.

"For The Emperor."

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 07:46 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Alpharius was considered lost for a long time, he was the last to be found... so I still think it refers to Alpharius/Omegon
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 04:25 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Don't think they meant Alpharius. The term 'battle-king' undoubtedly refers to Guilliman.

It would be interesting if they in fact did attempt to contact him. Know No Fear depicts him as a very reasonable Primarch and he wasn't as rigid in his thinking as we were led to believe.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 04:30 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
Don't think they meant Alpharius. The term 'battle-king' undoubtedly refers to Guilliman.

It would be interesting if they in fact did attempt to contact him. Know No Fear depicts him as a very reasonable Primarch and he wasn't as rigid in his thinking as we were led to believe.
Rigid thinking, hard headedness goes to Dorn from what I took away from his depiction in the first short story in Shadows of Treachery. Shocker, eh?

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 04:47 AM

Prior to Know No Fear and based on the 40k descendants of the Ultramarines, I'm sure many of us believed the codex was meant to be followed to the letter and that Guilliman intended this.

Dorn to me is defiant, unyielding but in matters of willpower and is an optimist in humanity's future and the Emperor's vision.

Guilliman is a realist and had no qualms with abandoning the Imperium in favor of his version of it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 04:49 AM
Lupe's Flag is: Romania

They meant Perturabo, almost certainly... Angel Exterminatus makes some fairly obvious connections...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 04:57 AM

So Pet. was referred to as the battle-king and the Eldar Farseers could not predict his reaction to the uprising on Olympus and his alliance with Horus?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
They meant Perturabo, almost certainly... Angel Exterminatus makes some fairly obvious connections...
Yeah thx dude, I'm reading AE!
May be there will be some explications because this question drive me crazy!

So, may be the last is :
- Sanguinius?
- Alpharius?
- Perturabo?

"For The Emperor."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode