Ahriman:Exile - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-09-12, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Default Ahriman:Exile

Is anyone else super excited about this? How long have we wanted a Thousand Son trilogy in 40k? Other than the blurb:

"All is dust...Spurned by his former brothers and his father Magnus the Red, Ahriman is a wanderer, a sorcerer of Tzeentch whose actions condemned an entire Legion to an eternity of damnation. Once a vaunted servant of the Thousand Sons, he is now an outcast, a renegade who resides in the Eye of Terror. Ever scheming, he plots his return to power and the destruction of his enemies, an architect of fate and master of the warp."

Does anyone know much more about it? It's going under the radar a bit. I hope John French does a good job, lots of TS fanboys out there!!!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Ahri.../9781849704267

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 10:49 AM

I don't know anything else about it, but I'm very excited!
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 12:22 PM

Alhom's Flag is: France

Are you sure it'll be a trilogy?
I'm very excited too, dude, but I wonder if the plot is good...

"For The Emperor."

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 01:20 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Old news to some of us, me included. I asked John French about it and he declined to comment.

But someone came up with an idea that is not completely insane sounding, actually very plausible. This might not be the start of an Ahriman series, but rather a Chaos Quartology. Think about it. Ahriman: Exile. Kharn: Betrayer. Typhus: Traveller. Lucius: Eternal. It's actually an amazing idea if this possibility turns out to be true, a series depicting the most famous moments of each of the Four Champions's lives. Ahriman being exiled from Prospero. Kharn betraying his Legion at Skalathrax. Lucius becoming the eternal in his battle with Lord Commander Cyrus, and Typhus unleashing the Zombie Plague in the 13th Black Crusade.

Dunno which one to be hoping for. An Ahriman series, or a Champion series. Either is just sheer awesomeness and will shoot up to one of my most anticipated releases.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Both options sound fine by me. TS trilogy or Chaos Champion quadrilogy.

post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 03:03 AM

Alhom's Flag is: France

Wow a Champion Chaos Quadralogy? I'll love to see Typhus *o* in a novel!
But hat makes you think that? Especialy if John didn't answer you?

"For The Emperor."
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, where did this quadrilogy originate? Is it built on facts or just hopes and dreams?

post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 07:48 AM

A LotN describes the genesis: it's entirely hopes and dreams. But nevertheless still plausible & interesting.

I'm inclined to expect/hope-for an Ahriman series, but by the same token I'd be very happy indeed with a 'series' that touches base with each of the representatives.

As for the book itself - from everything I've read from John French, I'm mighty excited about this. In my head, I imagine him and Rob Sanders to be basically competing with one another to one-up each other in their stories. They're similar yet different, very nice having both of them on hand and writing at the same time.

http://xisor.wordpress.com/
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 08:12 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I imagine that such a hypothetical "Chaos Champions" series would work better as a single book: an anthology similar to Treacheries of the Space Marines but entirely focused on the special characters of Chaos (perhaps not even limited to the 4 champions! Huron in the Palace of Thorns; an Abaddon short by AD-B as he renames the shattered Sons of Horus as the Black Legion; perhaps stories from Fabius and/or Cypher).

Certain famous events of these characters have already been depicted, though:

I also imagine that James Swallow's next Death Guard novel will cover Typhon marooning his fleet in the warp, prey to the Destroyer Hive.

A short story for each of these characters that touches on their famous events would be welcome, but I would want the stories to cast new light on the event, or have some unique angle that they cover. I don't want a lazy rehashing of what we've already seen or will see in the Heresy books to come.

I for one welcome more Ahriman fiction! Which reminds me, I still very much have to get my hands on a copy of Atlas Infernal (yes Xisor I know it's fantastic and I trust your judgment of 40k novels implicitly* you don't have to blare at me to buy it)

*though I still want to take a look at Brothers of the Snake to come to my own conclusions. It sounds like something in the area of my interests, but also my reading taste has pretty closely copied yours, so...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 12-11-12 at 08:34 AM.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 08:34 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

i am salivating at the thought of it possibly being out there one day......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode