A trainwreck in the making, or? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Default A trainwreck in the making, or?

I were browsing Lexicanum when I found this page: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mortarion%27s_Heart

Either it will make Kaldor Draigo into an interesting character and reedem the over the top writting, or it will seal his fate as a caricature.

Edit:
Found a related page:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Spac...rion.27s_Heart

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 11-27-12 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 07:14 PM

Sequere_me_in_Tenebras's Flag is: United Kingdom

After reading L J Goulding's 'Last Watch' I am not confident of his ability with prose. Which is harsh of me to say I realise. Maybe a audio drama will suit him.

Current PhD student at Exeter University - "For the Glory - The Development of Battlefield tactics throughout the Ancient World."

Moments that amused me; Sevatar Prince of Crows

(When running into Alastor Rushal "The Raven" on the Invincible Reason)
"You won't believe how I got here."

(When told that a Commodore has survived an ambush and is now the highest ranking survivor.)
"That makes him the new fleet admiral. Offer him my insincere congratulations on a rank he earned purely by being the last naval officer standing. But what's the bad news?"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 07:46 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Not too sure about this... But hey, at least there should now be clarification for how Draigo performed this ouh so mighty deed. Was Mortarion taking a shit when Draigo burst in into his bathroom? Was he accompanied by three dozen Dreadknights that pinned Mortarion down while he carved in the name? Was it all a bad joke made by mr.Ward to piss of the fanboy community over a little detail?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 07:56 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

This could be a very good thing. It could make Draigo's victory over Mortarion understandable, explain how he managed this incredible feat.

And of course the completely f*cking awesome fact that it has a Daemon-Primarch in it!!! That's Daemon-Angron and now Daemon-Mortarion we'll have seen. Hopefully we'll get to see Daemon-Magnus next.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 08:25 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Oh god, that just sounds like a massive GK wank-fest. It's bad enough that its in the GK dex but now they are actually expanding on it. Abnett could write that and it would still be shite.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 08:47 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Oh god, that just sounds like a massive GK wank-fest. It's bad enough that its in the GK dex but now they are actually expanding on it. Abnett could write that and it would still be shite.
How do you know that??

If the Daemon Primarchs were invincible then the Imperium would have fallen already. They are beatable, and this audio-drama hopefully will explain how one does that. How is it that the Daemon-Primarchs can be beaten, that is a question that needs to be answered.

Give the thing a chance before you blast it.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Well said*, that man.

I quite enjoyed Mountain Eater a while back, I always felt a good massive wank-fest** would make a decent story.

* What a lot of embarrassing nonsense.
** The 'dex might be OTT, but with both tongue-in-cheek emphasis and the overture that Draigo might as well be the Emperor/Star Child trying to come (back) into existence... well, it's got a hell of a lot more interesting detail to the utter tripe trotted out by folks doing their best to sound like mindless idiots.

http://xisor.wordpress.com/
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 09:11 PM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Hmmm my bullshit detector just exploded reading the description of events on Lexi.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 09:12 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I dunno, I utterly despise that piece of fluff on Draigo, along with most of his fluff actually, never has a bigger mary-sue been seen in 40k. This whole Mortarion incident though just doesn't sit right. Aurellian banishing Daemon-Angron and his retinue on Armageddon at the cost of ninety-six Grey Knights Terminators including Aurellian himself was suitably epic.

Draigo carving Geronitans name into Mortarions heart just sounds absurd, I'm not sure I even want to know what over the top way they are going to have to come up with to subdue a daemon Primarch long enough to carve something into his heart.

I hate audio books enough as it is, so I certainly won't be buying it, will wait out on here to see how much of a farce it is though.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-12, 09:40 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
How do you know that??

If the Daemon Primarchs were invincible then the Imperium would have fallen already. They are beatable, and this audio-drama hopefully will explain how one does that. How is it that the Daemon-Primarchs can be beaten, that is a question that needs to be answered.

Give the thing a chance before you blast it.

LotN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xisor View Post
Well said*, that man.

I quite enjoyed Mountain Eater a while back, I always felt a good massive wank-fest** would make a decent story.

* What a lot of embarrassing nonsense.
** The 'dex might be OTT, but with both tongue-in-cheek emphasis and the overture that Draigo might as well be the Emperor/Star Child trying to come (back) into existence... well, it's got a hell of a lot more interesting detail to the utter tripe trotted out by folks doing their best to sound like mindless idiots.
When have I ever said that a Deamon Primarchs were invincible? Never. I actually think that the story of how the First War for Armageddon was won is one of the best heroic tragedies in 40k i.e. 109 GK Termintors assault Angron and his bodyguard of 12 blood thirsters, of only 13 GK's survive after just managing to banish Angron back into the warp for 100 years and a day. That's of course with the sacrifice of the Brother Captain who actually dealt the banishing blow, and thats in the real realm not in the Warp. And one GK can wander around the Warp (where deamons are at their strongest) smacking chaos creatures left right and center? Yea thats not OTT at all...

So no the question of how one defeats a Deamon Primarch has already been answered, in more than one publication.

So the old fluff is "utter tripe" is it LOTN? OK buddy, enjoy your "tongue in cheek" Space Wolves Wolf Guard riding Thunderwolves armed with a wolf claw and the mark of Wulfen, or a Nemesis Dreadknight in dreadnight armour armed with 2 Nemesis doomfists. Thats not tongue in check thats a childishly simplistic hammering of one single facet of a races characteristics for 9 year olds because they can't handle anything more complex and its becoming more and more common with the fluff. If by "utter tripe" you mean slightly more complex than a snap fit kitset, then yes, yes it is.

If you actually think that GW is bring back the star child mythos via Drago then you sir have been taking some happy pills that I'd love to have. The star child mythos is dead and gone I'm afraid, GW an't bringing that back. Drago is simply a uber pwner character that Ward shoved in there to sell minis to 9 year olds. He's not tragic at all, "oh I can't go home or see my mates for anything more than 2 hours at a time while we are fighting" is not tragic, being forced to work to death in a labour camp and sterilized after defending your planet against the horrors of the warp is tragic, your entire world being obliterated simply because you heard a story about the actions of some storm troopers is tragic. "you can't see your mates" boo fucking hoo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode